PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion Evo 3 VS. Kriss Vector

TyGuy
04-30-2022, 10:21 AM
I have a hankering for something new and different. The CZ Scorpion Evo 3 and the Kriss Vector currently have my attention. My plan is to purchase the pistol variant and then F1 SBR it. I’ll be running a Dead Air Ghost-M on it at times. With the Vector I am considering either the fair comparison 9mm or jumping up to the 10mm model. I already have Glock pistols and mags to match both, so that’s a nice plus.

All that said, neither are cheap and I want to be as informed as possible before I commit to one or the other. I don’t have any ranges nearby that has either available to rent so first hand experience doesn’t look promising. Anyone with experience with these two, please let me know your thoughts. I have heard that the CZ has a crummy trigger from one source but he has VERY expensive taste and tends to look down on guns he feels are beneath him. I don’t know anyone who has had any trigger time with the Vector.

Expat74
04-30-2022, 10:28 AM
I had a Scorpion and sold it. The kind of gun you want to accessorise to make it better but never achieve it. The trigger is so-so, heavy, yes but at least clean breaking. If you sbr it anyway, I would look at B&T's APC. Much better quality than both the options you mention and it's also available in 10mm.. that said I don't want to sound like "looking down" on the scorpion but if I had the choice and the $$, I'd go with the B&T.

TyGuy
04-30-2022, 10:39 AM
I appreciate the input! I’ll have to look more into the B&T. It’s quite a bit more expensive than the two I was considering but not out of reach. Have you had the chance to shoot one firsthand?

Expat74
04-30-2022, 10:45 AM
Yes, I like it better than the recoil impulse of the scorpion

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Bmi48219
04-30-2022, 09:32 PM
One range I worked at had a select fire Vector that I ran a few mags through. Certainly a flashy firearm but nothing special. The only thing stellar about it was the cost of repairs. I think I’d find something else.

TyGuy
04-30-2022, 11:26 PM
One range I worked at had a select fire Vector that I ran a few mags through. Certainly a flashy firearm but nothing special. The only thing stellar about it was the cost of repairs. I think I’d find something else.

I imagine rental MGs get run hard. Nothing like full throttle all the time. Did it seem the Vector required repair more frequently than other models with similar usage? Do you remember what caliber it was?

I’m not surprised they’re proud of their parts… I guess it’s like repairing German cars. When they break so does the bank! Haha

475AR
05-01-2022, 07:44 AM
I have had 3 Kriss Vectors, 2 in 45acp and my newest is 10mm. The first 45 I had was a low serial # out of the first run, I had to wait over a yr to receive it. It ran great and I was going to sbr it and had a dealer that wanted it as is so I contacted Kriss and they had an sbr available so I had my SOT order it and sold my original 45. After the paperwork came back it also ran like a top, the only issue I had was with some low end ammo and some handloads I made. Once I figured out what it liked it runs everything I put in it. The 10mm I got as a pistol and F1 it to sbr as well and I have tried several factory ammo as well as handloads and it also runs great. I have run everything from 135gr-240gr bullets and all are very accurate. I haven't had any functionality issues with the 10mm but I only have about 1k rounds thru it so far.
The Kriss is one of those guns either you love it or hate it. All of the ones I have owned have been great. I am thinking I want to finish out the collection and get the 9mm and 22lr.

Bmi48219
05-04-2022, 01:52 AM
I imagine rental MGs get run hard. Nothing like full throttle all the time. Did it seem the Vector required repair more frequently than other models with similar usage? Do you remember what caliber it was?

It was a 45 SBR. As far as usage, it wasn’t rented every day. And most times only a box or two of ammo, which didn’t last long. Both the AK and Thompson got a lot more use. I’m sure it being a full auto significantly effected the repair costs. I was told every time it went for repair it cost $1,500 plus. I don’t recall it being out of action too often.

TyGuy
05-04-2022, 01:06 PM
It was a 45 SBR. As far as usage, it wasn’t rented every day. And most times only a box or two of ammo, which didn’t last long. Both the AK and Thompson got a lot more use. I’m sure it being a full auto significantly effected the repair costs. I was told every time it went for repair it cost $1,500 plus. I don’t recall it being out of action too often.

Wow, that’s nearly as much as getting a new unit! Ouch!

Bmi48219
05-04-2022, 07:13 PM
Wow, that’s nearly as much as getting a new unit! Ouch!

For a straight semi-auto, yeah. I don’t imagine there are a lot of guys doing full auto repairs.