PDA

View Full Version : Loose Dillon Primer Tube Lips

jsizemore
04-23-2022, 05:29 PM
My first Glock is really hungry. It just doesn't shoot like any of the other handguns I've owned. So it's practice, practice and practice some more. I've been keeping the Dillon busy. Last night the small pistol/rifle primer pick up tip (the yellow one) started dribbling already picked up primers. I figured no problem I got a spare in the parts drawer. I pull it out and written in sharpie on the side is "USED". Seems the big dummy forgot to order some last time this happened. Yeah, that's me. After some gymnastics on the internet I got some on the way but that doesn't feed the hungry Glock this weekend. I had to make a run to town today anyway, so I stopped by Lowes plumbing dept. to look at the Danco plumbing parts display. I got Danco #47 o-ring pack for a little over $3. I.D. is 7/32" which makes it slightly smaller than O.D. of the pick up tip when the slit is collapsed. I stuck 2 on the end so it would hold the end closed over that last primer with the stack of 100 sitting on top of it. Shook it up and down a little and nothing fell out. Now the USPS can take their time and the hungry Glock gets fed. I should have measured the LR/LP tip too. Still a big dummy.

Winger Ed.
04-23-2022, 05:52 PM
I've noticed over the years that a lot of little screws, springs, & 'O' rings are common hardware store available,
'off the shelf' items, and not some specific/special company's part number..

imashooter2
04-23-2022, 07:10 PM
Why didn’t you lay it aside and just use your remaining 5 tubes? :bigsmyl2: