PDA

View Full Version : Let's play....what is it??

trails4u
04-20-2022, 11:13 PM

Came to me in a set of what was supposed to be 310 Cadet dies..... It's by default supposed to be the seater die, but the modifications are substantial and may confound me a bit. The long rod is spring loaded and runs the length of the die, protruding from what appears to be a 'normal' seating stem, but with the obvious threads turned off the bottom of the stem and the modifications throughout to create a spring-loaded 'punch' if you will that extends through the seating stem. ??? It has been suggested that maybe the modification was to keep the heeled bullet seated, and not pulled out by the die on the upstroke after seating...I can, and do, buy that theory, but wanted to put it out there for more input if anyone has any ideas.

FWIW -- The dies reportedly come from NDFS (North Devon Firearm Service) in the UK, and are stamped 310 c k, which others have suggested and lead me to believe they may actually be for the 310 cattle killer cartridge, not the traditional 310 cadet.

Anyone have and ideas???

Drew P
04-21-2022, 03:36 PM
Powder cop?

trails4u
04-21-2022, 04:25 PM
Powder cop?

While I can definitely see that conceptually, I don't think that's it.....spring tension is way to heavy for that.

Thanks! Trails..