PDA

View Full Version : Odievern - Butch Balcomb

wills
01-12-2006, 09:39 AM
Got an e mail from the club that Butch Balcomb died of a massive heart attack yesterday.

Butch posted as Odievern on the old shooters BPCR board. He was an early riser and usually had something good to say early in the morning. I liked to log on to shooters about 6:00 and see what he had to say, it always got the day started right.

keeper89
01-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Wills, while I did not know the gentleman, it is always sad to see a real "gunny" pass on to his reward.......a great generation preceded us and they are leaving big shoes to fill..........my sympathies to all who are personally affected.

wills
01-14-2006, 10:15 PM
http://groups.msn.com/BPCR/cyber3byscout.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1118

Buckshot
01-15-2006, 05:26 AM
...........While not enamoured of shooting BP in cartidges, I used to hang out on occassion at the BPCR site at Shooters.com for 2 reasons. One was for the rifle, casting, and mould talk. The other was to read the various interesting and often heated exchanges that took place.

I didn't know Odivern at all. His was just a name I recognized as having seen it often. Yet you can get a bit of a feel by reading the comments made. Obviously to me it appears as if he was a good man and a friend to many. Always very saddening when such a person passes. To those who really knew him, it will leave a hole in their hearts for awile, and a saddening for years when a thought of the departed should cross their mind.

................Buckshot