PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Slip 2000 degreaser?

Martin Luber
04-20-2022, 07:22 PM
Not quite sure where this goes, topic is barrel cleaning.

Stuff seems to really "get it all out". I was cautioned to oil upbafterwards or rsting will occur.

charlie b
04-21-2022, 09:01 AM
Why would you use a degreaser in a barrel?

If you want an inexpensive bore cleaner then make up some Ed's Red. Equal parts of Kerosene (lamp oil), Acetone (optional), Dextron III Auto Transmission Fluid, and Mineral Spirits (paint thinner).

cwtebay
04-22-2022, 12:10 PM
Are you looking to get rid of cosmoline? Or is the gun just a greasy mess?
I definitely agree with the Ed's Red suggested, I personally like 70% alcohol on 4x4 gauze or patches or q tips for general grease cutter and cleaning.
I would worry about it on bare metal areas, for the rust possibility that you mentioned.
If someone has used it, I would like to hear their thoughts also!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Big Wes
04-24-2022, 07:25 AM
Not quite sure where this goes, topic is barrel cleaning.

Stuff seems to really "get it all out". I was cautioned to oil upbafterwards or rsting will occur.

I use Slip 725 for a lot of cleaning. It's pretty amazing stuff and works fast. I use it on all kinds of things, heck I've used it to clean my shed window. The reason they recommend oil afterwards is because it's water based. Good stuff in my opinion. A bit pricey like most of their products, which makes me hesitate on buying it. I like Awesome also, available at the Dollar store. ED's Red is great and easy to make up. Cheap too!