PDA

View Full Version : Lee Powder Measure Stand

dddddmorgan
04-17-2022, 09:35 PM
I recently purchased a Lee powder measure stand, part number 90587 and I wanted to sound out a recommendation if any of you need something like this.

I've got to Redding BR powder measures (one set up for pistol the other for rifle) and I liked the stand so much I ordered a second one. I've tried many different contraptions (bought and home made) over the years and I'm just saying these stands are the "cat's meow."

They are the perfect size and weight in my opinion.

You can find them on Amazon and other places.

Just my .02 .

Bazoo
04-18-2022, 12:03 AM
Thanks. I’ve not seen a review on them anywhere else. Always good to get some input before purchasing.

jetinteriorguy
04-18-2022, 10:28 AM
I just use one of the cheap Lee C-presses, works great and in a pinch can be used for light press duties. At the time I purchased it they were almost the same cost. I just use a once fired .308 case for dropping powder during workups, and once a load is developed I just drop directly into whatever case I’m loading. I only load .223, 7.62x39, 6.5CM, and 6.5x55 so volume wise the .308 case is large enough for the workups. If I loaded anything larger I’d scrounge up something like a 30-06 for the added volume.

Shawlerbrook
04-18-2022, 11:45 AM
Got homemade stands for my 3 Redding droppers that have served me for many years.

ulav8r
04-18-2022, 10:46 PM
I recently purchased a Lee powder measure stand, part number 90587 and I wanted to sound out a recommendation if any of you need something like this.
I liked the stand so much I ordered a second one. I've tried many different contraptions (bought and home made) over the years and I'm just saying these stands are the "cat's meow."

They are the perfect size and weight in my opinion.

You can find them on Amazon and other places.

Just my .02 .

Looked at about 5 different websites at that stand, several had the same description. Said it was aluminum, was not stamped. All said it had a 7/8" hole, did not say if it was threaded or smooth. One said it was steel and not stamped. Closeups of the pictures show bend marks from from from the top die of a press brake. Also saw a slight indication that it was cut by a laser or plasma cuter, before putting in the hole and then bending. Agree that it is not a stamping due to it's thickness, but the thickness makes it unlikely to be aluminum because of the tightness of the radius of the bend unless it was bent while very hot.

So my questions are, what is your best guess on the material. Is it magnetic? Also, is the hole threaded or not.

Jsm180
04-20-2022, 07:22 AM
I have the Lee stand, it's 1/4" powder coated steel, 7/8" hole is not threaded.

dddddmorgan
04-20-2022, 09:58 PM
I have the Lee stand, it's 1/4" powder coated steel, 7/8" hole is not threaded.

That's exactly why I like it. Might be why some folks wouldn't. I keep my powder measures sitting in them. If I want to I can tighten down a locknut or just let them sit.