PDA

View Full Version : New Dillon case cleaner

facetious
04-15-2022, 02:17 AM
I had a tumbler that I got in 1986 that had a fair amount of use and the motor wouldn't start with out prop starting it. Plus it was loud , fill it up and you could hear it next door.

So for fun I sent them a email and asked if after 36 years you could still get motors for them so I could fix it. Thy ask what color it was so sent a picture of it and thy said to send it in for a motor replacement under warranty. Sent it to them on a Monday and on Saturday a fed x guy dropped a new case cleaner on my steps.

I found the original receipt and sent a copy back with it just for fun.

So had a chance to try it out and WOW you can't hardly hear it. Had it going on my work bench in the garage went inside to tell the wife that I was going to try it , she told me to close the door first. The old one would scare the dog, told her it had been running for a few minutes all ready with the door open and she didn't even notice.

At 65 if it lasts half as long as the other one I should have shiny cases for the rest of my life!

So any way I thought it would be nice to put in a good word for them.

M-Tecs
04-15-2022, 02:21 AM
Got to love customer service like that.

myg30
04-18-2022, 03:54 PM
That’s really good customer service. Glad you were taken care of.

Mike

warren5421
04-19-2022, 07:39 AM
The new one is not life time warranty.

facetious
04-19-2022, 02:49 PM
The new one is not life time warranty.

At my age more and more things can just as well be considered life time.

Ya I know that electrical stuff is for five years. But as much as I use it , it should last me a long time.

contender1
04-20-2022, 09:35 AM
Good to know they took care of you.

However,, it's really not surprising. Dillon was built on "customer service" with a "NO BS" warranty. And even though they can't warranty electrical stuff,, their warranty is the absolute BEST I've ever seen.
I'm often using their "No BS" warranty as a way to express what customer service should be.
RCBS is a close second in the warranty dept.

Sadly,, most companies that aren't firearm related have very poor customer service.

Dillon; "THE standard by which all others are judged."

Murphy
04-20-2022, 10:00 AM
I have yet to regret buying Dillion anything. A Dillon RL 450 was my first progressive reloading machine back in the mid 1980's. When the 550 came out, I jumped on ship. I've only had a few minor problems created on my own behalf over the decades with Dillon products. They've always taken care of me like family. Mike Dillon set the standard for customer service in the reloading business. RCBS has always ranked just as highly in my dealings.

Case cleaners/tumblers, I owned a Thumblers Tumbler for longer than I can remember. I wore out belts and other parts before the motor went kaput on me. I decided to try a Lyman 1200 and it went a lot longer than I thought it would. It's hard to go wrong with a good brand name tumbler. As for the life span on any of them, I guess it's how often you use it, and using it correctly is the key.

Murphy

PhilC
04-21-2022, 02:43 PM
I decided to try a Lyman 1200 and it went a lot longer than I thought it would.
Am still using the Lyman 1200 I bought in the mid-80s, added another a year ago, like having an on/off switch and quieter too.

Cosmic_Charlie
04-22-2022, 03:16 PM
Got to love customer service like that.

Probably as good as a full page add in the Rifleman!