PDA

View Full Version : First Try

Iowa Fox
04-14-2022, 01:36 AM
Well after 50 some years of lube sizing I finally did it. Been wanting to try it for a long time but finally powder coated the first batch. Two years ago I ordered BBs and three sample colors from smoke. Last spring the youngest son was home in the spring. Its been a while since he has been home so he, I , and my grandson went out riding around to look at the changes since he has been gone. While we were riding around the grandson spiced a little toasted oven by the curb with a sign that said free/works. I got the boys stopped and jumped out and put it in the trunk. I'll be darned if it isn't a convection oven. When you get older life sometimes doesn't allow you to stick with your projects.

Finally a couple days ago we had a warmer day so I let everything else go. I checked the free oven temp setting with my wifes oven thermometer on a empty oven and it was right on.

I did 5 jet black, five signal blue, and 5 wine just to test. 400 degrees for 20 minutes. They came out perfect.

Thanks smoke and thanks to all the guys who have posted information here which made it easy for me. Big thanks to my wife who helped and picked the coated bullets out of the BBs with tweezers since I'm a little shaky.

pworley1
04-14-2022, 06:22 AM
Congratulations!

geslayton
04-14-2022, 12:21 PM
Not sure if it will help you or not, but, I wear latex gloves and just get a little powder on the fingers and pick the bullets up to place in my baking trays. The powder doesn’t come off and it’s less tedious than picking them out with tweezers. I also dump the powder and bullets into a wire basket from a deep fryer to sift the excess powder off the bullets. I’ve never used bb’s and get great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke4320
04-14-2022, 12:55 PM
Glad it worked out well for you.
Pics or it didn't happen :)