PDA

View Full Version : best guns for open carry

farmbif
04-13-2022, 01:29 PM
well with constitutional carry becoming a real thing in some places its time, for me anyway, to think about what gun is best to open carry.
ive always thought of the g22 as an effective self defense weapon, but a 357 is maybe my second option, but been thinking maybe a 1911 might be good or even a more compact 9mm double stack like a sig. and then there is a local store that has a new g20 in stock
wondering what others think is an ideal open carry weapon..

Smoke4320
04-13-2022, 01:35 PM
Boy you are opening a can of worms. different strokes for different folks. Here goes for me
being a tall and larger individual I carry a judge is no issue for me. Mine is loaded with 9 pellets and 3 flat discs in each rd x 5 rds
all in a blackhawk click in holster. IE you have to push in a paddle to release the gun. no one else is going to get my gun easily.
If not the Judge I would probably be carrying a Glock 21 45 ACP

txbirdman
04-13-2022, 01:40 PM
In my opinion you’d want to start with a caliber/handgun setup you can shoot well. I’d want a 9MM or more powerful ( g22 is a good choice) with a 4 to 5” barrel. Reliability would also be a key component. The rest is personal preference.

Larry Gibson
04-13-2022, 01:58 PM
The one you can keep concealed.....

M-Tecs
04-13-2022, 02:05 PM

As always Larry you are spot on.

Outpost75
04-13-2022, 02:08 PM
^^^^This^^^^

Open carry is a bad idea. You lose any element of surprise, set yourself up as a potential target to have your gun taken away and used against you and you scare the natives.

Most civilian holsters lack security features to enhance weapon retention. If you are not physically fit, trained in weapon retention and unarmed combatives, open carry is just plain stupid.

If you want to make a political statement find another way.

slim1836
04-13-2022, 02:10 PM
I don't advertise or show my cards, however, to each their own.

Slim

M-Tecs
04-13-2022, 02:12 PM
I open carry when hunting. When I am in a high risk area it's 100% concealed.

Geezer in NH
04-13-2022, 02:49 PM
Invisible ones.

scattershot
04-13-2022, 02:52 PM
If you feel,the need to open carry, nothing says no BS like a 1911.

M-Tecs
04-13-2022, 02:55 PM
^^^^This^^^^

Open carry is a bad idea. You lose any element of surprise, set yourself up as a potential target to have your gun taken away and used against you and you scare the natives.

Most civilian holsters lack security features to enhance weapon retention. If you are not physically fit, trained in weapon retention and unarmed combatives, open carry is just plain stupid.

All excellent points. Open carry with double action revolvers and Glock style guns without manual safeties coupled with non-retention holsters would be my last choice for open carry for SD.

Castaway
04-13-2022, 03:07 PM
Living in Fl, my guide is the most caliber your clothing will allow. Most times, it’s a Sig 938 in a deep pocket holster. Sometimes the same pistol on the hip, strong side. Baggy cargo shorts make the pocketed pistol disappear, but it’s not easily available so out comes the belt belt holster depending on the social situation. Other times, with snug jeans, I pull out the Kal-Tec 32. I’ve been on a quest for the perfect carry pistol for over 30 years and have decided as soon as I get the ultimate pistol, a new and better option becomes available. For now, the 938 is my preferred carry gun, although others are certainly appealing.

ryanmattes
04-13-2022, 03:23 PM
I, too, conceal instead of open carry. My EDC is a Sig 365XL. It's 9mm, 12 rounds, small and light, but with a big enough grip that I have good, positive control when I shoot. My priorities for concealed, in order, were: reliability, capacity, weight, and concealability/size. The weight is more important than you might think. Consider whether you want an extra 3lbs on one hip, requiring a stiff belt every time you leave the house, and messing with your gait. I can wear a normal 1.5" belt with the 365, and its light weight doesn't give me knee or hip trouble from walking like I have a brick in my pocket, and doesn't drag my belt down on that side.

I'd keep the same considerations in mind for open carry, including concealability, in case I wanted to pull my shirt or jacket over it in a particular situation. I'm in Texas, 2/3rds of the year is too warm for a jacket, so I'm usually in a T-shirt and shorts or jeans. The Sig is small enough to conceal easily, even lightly dressed.

I open carry when out hunting, usually a 1911 with FMJ, because pigs. But when I'm out hunting, I'm dressed for open carry, with a proper gun belt. I'm also already carrying other uneven weight, and my gait will be irregular across uneven ground anyway. Different considerations than day to day.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Bazoo
04-13-2022, 04:12 PM
A nice leather holster looks a lot more professional than a cheap plastic one. Or an expensive plastic one for that matter.

Open carry and be polite to everyone and you’ll have many people asking about it and you can correctly inform them of the laws of carrying a firearm.

I’ve open carried some. I conceal mostly though. Not for tactical reasons, I’m 6’5 and 360 pounds. I don’t need a gun to draw attention to me.

The reason I conceal is more for the odd encounter with police. I’ve had LE instruct me to put my weapon up when open carrying. Not in town. But at a friends house. Animal control officers were called, by my wife no less, and when they arrived, they seen fit to direct their attention at the guy carrying a gun instead of addressing the reason for the call. I understand they view things differently so I can’t blame the specific officer, but from that point on, I figure concealed is better.

remy3424
04-13-2022, 04:31 PM
Good answer Larry

Char-Gar
04-13-2022, 04:49 PM
I am agin open carry for the reasons our wise ones have stated.

ryanmattes
04-13-2022, 05:12 PM
A nice leather holster looks a lot more professional than a cheap plastic one. Or an expensive plastic one for that matter.

Open carry and be polite to everyone and you’ll have many people asking about it and you can correctly inform them of the laws of carrying a firearm.

I’ve open carried some. I conceal mostly though. Not for tactical reasons, I’m 6’5 and 360 pounds. I don’t need a gun to draw attention to me.

The reason I conceal is more for the odd encounter with police. I’ve had LE instruct me to put my weapon up when open carrying. Not in town. But at a friends house. Animal control officers were called, by my wife no less, and when they arrived, they seen fit to direct their attention at the guy carrying a gun instead of addressing the reason for the call. I understand they view things differently so I can’t blame the specific officer, but from that point on, I figure concealed is better.In Texas, at least, when you are detained by law enforcement, they are authorized to ask you to put it away, or even take possession of it during the detainment. They usually don't. Most cops, when I tell them I'm carrying, say "Great! Leave it where it is and I'll leave mine where it is."

But domestic disturbance calls are the most dangerous calls they get, so I can see them being extra cautious.

By the way, anytime police tell you to stay where you are, or stand over there, or stay in your car, you are legally detained.

Nobade
04-13-2022, 05:27 PM
M1 Garand. Slung over the back while riding a motorcycle. Keeps traffic away.

cwtebay
04-13-2022, 05:49 PM
I open carry when hunting and when I go to meet a trespasser.
I don't like that folks know that I am carrying if at all possible. It does make some people nervous, others curious. I guess I just don't see the point of open carry other than to make sure that you will be the first one targeted if trouble does start.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

sparky45
04-13-2022, 05:54 PM

Do some states have open carry and not concealed carry?

Mostly my Spring/Fall wear.

wwmartin
04-13-2022, 06:05 PM
The one that you will not miss if it' needs to be used and is held in the evidence lockup until permanently lost. Probably my Glock 22.
Bill

44MAG#1
04-13-2022, 06:19 PM
Although I am the one that appears ignorant to most I read you post and will answer what makes a good open carry firearm INSTEAD of my opinion on OPEN CARRY.
I carry a Glock M30 probably 85 to 95 percent of the time. I still like the 1911 most of all but still carry a Glock.
Now I realize why I am looked at the way I am.

Scrounge
04-13-2022, 06:34 PM

I agree. Though, if everyone were carrying, open carry would not leave you the only person visibly armed, and that would be great! And there will be pie in the sky bye and bye...

I'll believe open carry is the way to go when New York and California become open carry states. I.e., not in my freaking lifetime, probably. Here in Oklahoma, at least as long as I've lived here, you could open carry legally on your own property. My next-door neighbor's son carried religiously while he was maintaining his mom's lawn. I guess he was terrified of gophers.

Bill

M-Tecs
04-13-2022, 06:43 PM
Although I am the one that appears ignorant to most I read you post and will answer what makes a good open carry firearm INSTEAD of my opinion on OPEN CARRY.
I carry a Glock M30 probably 85 to 95 percent of the time. I still like the 1911 most of all but still carry a Glock.
Now I realize why I am looked at the way I am.

Kind of tough to recommend a good option when you don't think open carry is a good option for most SD against bad guys. If it's not in a good retention holster with manual safeties to prevent nothing more than a trigger pull to fire it that makes it not a good option of open carry IMHO.

I know three LE that have been disarmed. My LE Bother-in-law was shot in the back when two felons wanted his duty revolver. One faked a heart attack. When the BIL rendered aid the other one shot him in the back. I don't remember if it was a 32 or a 25. He had been shot with both. It didn't work as planned. The one that shot him didn't make it. The BIL was black ops in Nam before we had people there. He was shot once in Nam and once before the back shooting. He was working in Watts at the time.

Seen to many video's of open carry holders having their firearm taken. When you are in a crowd you can't watch 360 degrees. When you are out in the open hunting or roaming your own property open carry is a nice option.

A good friend was a ranked mixed martial artist and a high level black belt. Two guys tried to rob him and his girlfriend. One had a knife and one had a revolver. One ended up with a broken arm and the other a broken knee and both arrested.

My current open carry is a FN FNX 45 in 460 Rowland. It's for bear protection.

Castaway
04-13-2022, 07:20 PM
farmbif, what state are you in?

pworley1
04-13-2022, 07:25 PM
We are an open carry state. I only open carry when hunting and then I usually carry a Super Blackhawk 44mag.

MrWolf
04-13-2022, 08:32 PM
We have Constitutional carry here also. Only time I open carry is going to my mailbox a out 3/4 out to main road and if I am at the mailbox and need to run into our lil town real quick. Otherwise it is concealed. My open is usually my M&P 45C in a leather holster with thumb break.

farmbif
04-13-2022, 08:52 PM
I'm in TN now, but this got brought up yesterday, Denise has family in Georgia and she was saying how now she needs another new pink gun. anyway points well made about open carry. probably best to tuck a compact sig or ruger in pocket or inside belt holster. makes me think back of when Tennessee passed the law and a bunch of us were sitting at a local lunch counter and some guy came riding up on a big hog cruiser with what probably was a 7.5" super Redhawk on his belt and everyone was kind of looking at the guy kind of oddly.

jaysouth
04-13-2022, 09:39 PM
I know a couple of 15 year old jitterbuggers who would salivate at the sight of you carrying a gun openly. One would distract you and the other one would bash you in the head with a brick. In about 7.5 seconds, they would have your gun, wallet and gold teeth. In more sedate neighborhoods, open carry scares the soccer moms, gives ammo to the gun grabbers and labels you as a white nationalist or domestic terrorist. Keep it covered.

John in WYO
04-13-2022, 10:12 PM
farmbif,

If you’re wearing the “standard farmer uniform” of bib-overalls, shirt and ball cap you likely won’t have a belt on.��

You might consider pocket carry (concealed), and bibs front pockets are roomy enough to allow for up to a mid-sized frame revolver (thinking K-frame round butt S&W Model 12 Airweight).

But that would require you to remove the standard farmer pocket stuff from a front pocket to one of the bib pockets. You might find that inconvenient.

If you are really set on open carry, G-22 is pretty mainstream these days from what I’ve read. Common gun for the police everywhere. I was issued one before.

But you may have to change your style of clothes and….get a belt.

I’m just funnin’ you. Much respect to our nation’s farmers.

Something to think about….Carry open if you like, just because it is legal, and remember to leave it in the truck at the post office, federal building, liquor store, church…..wherever your state has restrictions on concealed carry likely also apply to open carry. Now you have to think about all that stuff.

And people WILL STARE at you and shy away at first. Get ready for that.

I am with the other guys on here about concealed being better, generally. It sure brings less attention to you and saves the PD and SO and the random nearby trooper monitoring the local radio channels from responding to an alarmed citizen’s “man-with-a-gun” calls to check you out.

If your state is enacting Constitutional Carry soon or did recently there will be a LOT of citizens who didn’t get the memo about it being legal and will call the police/sheriff or maybe even question or admonish you in person for open-carry. Be ready to have officers stop to speak with you. Know your rights, don’t be offended.

Alarmed citizen in the grocery store: “Why do you need to open-carry?”
Your answer could be “Because a cop is too heavy.”

Not making the above scenarios up.

I’m not giving advice, just sharing some professional life experience to help you make a good (for you) decision. I support you in carrying.

You may save your or someone else’s life. Or you may be targeted by thieves who see what you have and want to take it.

Study up on your state laws on use of force inside and outside your home. Be smart and keep your head up and be alert.

Good luck.

Cast10
04-13-2022, 10:12 PM
Concealed, Open, and Constitutional in Texas…….

I choose to carry ‘concealed’. Glock 26. The target should be the offender, not me.

However, if I were to choose to open carry, same G26 in a Safariland Paddle ALS. Very secure.

farmbif
04-13-2022, 10:19 PM
John, winters over its been starting to warm up, tee shirts are optional

John in WYO
04-13-2022, 10:26 PM
John, winters over its been starting to warm up, tee shirts are optional

farmbif,

22 degrees and snowing off and on today.
Winter is here until middle of May.
Starts mid October.�:shock:

John :mrgreen:

Outpost75
04-13-2022, 10:34 PM
Pocket carry is not ready accessible when seated and belted in a vehicle. My "pocket" holsters, whether Bob Mika or El Paso Pocket Max, have two 1/8" holes across the top, with brass grommets inserted so that a length of paracord can be threaded and knotted to make an improvised shoulder holster draped diagonally across the neck and armpit, being worn under a shirt. Optionally another grommet can be inserted at the bottom corner to permit using a snubber to secure it to a belt.

Wrap paracord around the holster for pocket carry or take out and unwind to reposition as needed. Old school method shown to me by a former DEA UC.

cwtebay
04-13-2022, 10:43 PM
I like the clinger style holsters for pocket carry, actually I use one for an IWBC also. Super simple and nice to take out when you get in a vehicle.
I purchased one for a buddy that has his bibs on all year - fits like a dream in the front pocket.

Bloodman14
04-13-2022, 10:44 PM
I only own 1 handgun, a RIA 1911A1. I don't always carry openly, but carry on the front of my waist when I do. Not quite a 'crossdraw' style, but close enough. A person would have to be directly in front of me to take it. As such, having it in front of me, drawing it is easier to do than a traditional IWB or hip holster.

M-Tecs
04-13-2022, 10:46 PM
For seated the 6 pocket cargo pants are great.

44MAG#1
04-14-2022, 12:46 AM
As long as I have had a carry permit which has been "quite" a while Tennessee has never had "concealed" carry permit. It has been a "carry" permit. One could carry in the open BEFORE constitutional carry began and some people have done so and still does. I saw a guy at Bass Pro not long ago doing the open carry thing. I will still get my "permit" again when mine expires so I will have it when I go to a state that "RECOGNIZES" Tennessee's permit but doesn't allow Constitutional carry in the state I'm in at the time. I'm funny that way.
Oh, I don't open carry unless I am going to the mailbox but the pros and cons of open carry wasn't the question asked but thought I would throw that into the basket of opinions that have formed on open verses concealed carry

Kosh75287
04-14-2022, 01:32 AM
Like many others, I think open carry is inadvisable from a tactical standpoint. The "open carry" proviso would enable the wearer more latitude in the inevitable "concealment vs. caliber/magazine capacity" compromise, so GO BIG! If I was going to buy a pistol for defense against "two-legged feral animals", to be carried in a visible holster only, I'D consider a Tanfoglio Witness in .38 Super.
The pistol is a little heavy, but about the size of a 1911A1, holds 17+1 rounds, delivers significantly better ballistics than the wonder-nines, and enables the wearer to dispose of over 50 rounds while carrying only 2 extra magazines.
The same model in 10 mm might be more suited to locales where encounters with bear are a likelihood.

country gent
04-14-2022, 08:39 AM
If I was to go open carry then size wouldnt be as big as a factor effectiveness would be it.Being in a wheel chair has some advantages as I dont have to actually carry the weight, batteries and the chair do. With open carry everyone knows what Im working with a 12 ga riot gun loaded with number four buck shot. If your going to make a statement make one

MrWolf
04-14-2022, 08:59 AM
For seated the 6 pocket cargo pants are great.

I wear Duluth firehose cargo pants ever since Levi's went anti American. Love em and the front right bottom pocket fits a S&W 380ez nicely. I had originally planned on the pistol for my gf but her hands are to small. Works great for going to doc appointments, etc as you cannot even tell it is there.

JoeJames
04-14-2022, 09:43 AM
Here in Arkansas in the later part of the 19th century concealed carry was illegal, and open carry was only legal if you were carrying a militia type revolver - either a Navy or Army revolver - with the emphasis on either the model 1851 Navy Colt or the model 1860 Army Colt.

Baltimoreed
04-14-2022, 09:44 AM
Open carry is ok when hunting or working on your property but a bad idea when running errands in town. Makes you a target as guns are valuable to thugs. Also makes you a threat to those same thugs. Carry concealed and you look like the rest of the sheeple and you have the element of surprise on your side if you decide to or are forced to intervene.

bedbugbilly
04-14-2022, 10:31 AM
IMHO . . . just because you "can" open carry doesn't mean you "should" open carry . . . . unfortunately there are many who seem to get the "right" to open carry confused with the need to show their testosterone level.

I am permitted for carry in two different states . . . both of which allow open carry. The only time I have "open carried" in either state is when I was our in the field or woods . . . otherwise . . . I always conceal . . . . sometimes it pays "not to advertise".

As far as which handgun to carry . . . the one that you know is reliable, that you shoot the best and that you practice with on a frequent basis . . . . like a lot of things in life, "size" doesn't matter . your ability to use it does if need be.

rbuck351
04-14-2022, 11:52 AM
What matters is what you are defending from. If in Alaska and in bear country, a double action 41 mag or larger revolver that you can shoot well. If for defense from two legged varmints, don't carry open. If defending from charging chipmunks, any decent 22lr should work.

Daekar
04-14-2022, 01:14 PM
Depends on what you need. Carrying open means that the size can be larger, so to me that means a longer barrel and larger magazine.

Revolver? 8-shot Ruger Redhawk in 357mag
Semi? Any reliable 9mm with at least 16+1
Barrel length to taste, with a red dot if practical

I am not a fan of open carry in the current urban or suburban environment. If you're in the country and especially on your own land, that's a different story, but I figured out a long time ago that there in little point in my owning a pistol too big to conceal because I would never use it except as a range toy or hunting implement. So all my pistols are concealable, and they open carry just fine when I get the urge... that is, mow or work in the back field.

Geezer in NH
04-14-2022, 02:23 PM

Summertime it will go good with a speedo!!

Geezer in NH
04-14-2022, 02:32 PM
IMHO open carry requires a retention holster to stop grabs. When I was in uniform gun was in a retention holster and constant vigil of the folks near you is needed. My arm would get sore from keeping it tucked over the gun.

Plain clothes concealed is much more comfortable to me. Now being retired I keep my carry gun out of sight unless fishing, hunting in the outdoors where folks are comfortable with it. That means in rural northern NH, VT and ME.

Pipefitter
04-14-2022, 08:22 PM
10# Mountain Howitzer,,,,, absolutely no one will mess with you.

rbuck351
04-14-2022, 10:22 PM
If you can carry that howitzer, you probably don't even need a gun.

Idaho45guy
04-15-2022, 03:01 AM
I open-carried in Iowa once. Once.

About 25 years ago, me, my wife, and our two small children flew into Des Moines to visit the wife's family. I worked for Homeland Security at the time but did not have an issued weapon. I carried a Glock 22 for personal protection, so I brought it with me.

The mother-in-law picked us up at the airport and we rode with her to Newton, IA on the way to Grinnell. Kids were hungry and tired, so we stopped at the A&W for dinner.

I was wearing khaki pants, tucked in polo shirt, dress shoes, had a military haircut, and looked as close to a cop as you could get. I had my Glock in a leather Bianchi holster on my hip, as I did not have a concealed carry license for Iowa.

So all of us were sitting there eating when a fat slob in sweats and a T-shirt, unshaven, with messed up hair comes over and tells me that this is a family restaurant and that guns are not welcome.

I looked him up and down, determined that he was a moron, and chuckled and told him to mind his own business and go away. He did.

10 minutes later, I see the waitress going to the other occupied tables and whispering to the customers and then them getting up and leaving. Then I see about 5 cop cars come flying up and surrounding the restaurant.

You have got to be kidding me!!

I told my wife and mother-in-law to not panic, but there will be a bunch of cops coming in and maybe pointing guns at us, and to just remain calm and keep their hands flat and on the table.

The cops of course came in with guns drawn, and as soon as they saw a clean-cut family, immediately holstered their weapons. I announced that I was with Homeland Security and slowly showed them my credentials.

They informed me that Iowa was not an open-carry state and that the people are nervous around guns and that they got a report about a man threatening customers with a gun.

We had a good laugh, and I swore I would never open carry in Iowa ever again.

So yeah, I would advise against it.

I open-carried in church last Sunday. Wore my fancy 1911 and got lots of compliments. Went to the grocery store afterwards, totally forgetting about it, and had some college girls nervously giggle and say to each other, "I guess it's an Idaho thing."

I just smiled and nodded.

lksmith
04-17-2022, 11:27 AM
Concealed carry is the best, otherwise you immediately become the first target, HOWEVER if you are going to open carry go big or go home, do it right with one of these:
https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/review-magnum-research-thunder-snub-bfr-in-45-70-gov-t/
https://www.gunsamerica.com/960734754/Desert-Eagle-MK19-w-Brushed-Chrome-finish.htm
https://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/smith-wesson-model-revolver-163504-sngl-grips-satin-stainless-finish-p-22567.html
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ull_rL2214c/hqdefault.jpg
http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2014/08/10/3374082_01_50_bmg_single_shot_pistol_640.jpg

lksmith
04-17-2022, 11:33 AM
I agree. Though, if everyone were carrying, open carry would not leave you the only person visibly armed, and that would be great! And there will be pie in the sky bye and bye...

I'll believe open carry is the way to go when New York and California become open carry states. I.e., not in my freaking lifetime, probably. Here in Oklahoma, at least as long as I've lived here, you could open carry legally on your own property. My next-door neighbor's son carried religiously while he was maintaining his mom's lawn. I guess he was terrified of gophers.

Bill

I carry while working in the yard, mainly for snakes. Snake in the woods I usually let them be, but in my yard where my little girl plays, snakes gonna die! in the woods I generally carry something 9mm or larger for hogs, and whatnot.
But around people, I prefer concealed, although I have left my gun on my hip while getting gas if I was on my way to/from the woods just because I didn't want to take my belt loose and lose my pants

WRideout
04-17-2022, 02:29 PM

Bill

Back when I lived on the "Left Coast," ( and Eisenhower was President) CA was an open carry state, but one could apply for a concealed carry permit, like Nancy Pelosi's husband, so I hear.

Wayne

jonp
04-19-2022, 05:11 PM
I generally am not a fan of open carry but when back home i will most of the time. My preferred is a revolver because everyone knows what it is on sight.

jonp
04-19-2022, 05:21 PM
I carry while working in the yard, mainly for snakes. Snake in the woods I usually let them be, but in my yard where my little girl plays, snakes gonna die! in the woods I generally carry something 9mm or larger for hogs, and whatnot.
But around people, I prefer concealed, although I have left my gun on my hip while getting gas if I was on my way to/from the woods just because I didn't want to take my belt loose and lose my pants

Reminds me of something. A number of years ago i showed up at the local eatery for a breakfast meeting with a few guys about some fish and game stuff. Walked in dressed in wool pants, gaiters as i snowshoed a new trail out of camp, Johnson wool coat and my trusty Ruger Single Six in leather as always. None of the locals batted an eyelash as i ordered coffee and pancakes with real syrup but the flatlanders who towed ski doos up from CT, MA etc all got an eyefull and whispered back and forth giving me the hairy eyeball. To heck with them.

Jeff Michel
04-19-2022, 05:26 PM
^^^^This^^^^

Spot on and thank you, Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

memtb
04-19-2022, 05:47 PM
If you feel the need to “open carry”…….make it as big as possible, for all to see! :wink: memtb

fastdadio
04-19-2022, 05:58 PM
I don't usually open carry, but when I do, I like to carry my mod 94. 30-30. Makes me feel like the Duke. Fill yer hands you sum#$%^'s!!

Mytmousemalibu
04-19-2022, 06:36 PM
On one hand, I like the idea of guns in the open to normalize firearms but thats a farce idea really. Personally when out in the public domain, I wouldn't open carry. For me personally, be the grey man. Dont draw attention from anyone and be instantly forgettable. Not necessarily to look weak or harmless nor to exude yourself as force to be reckoned with. I carry a P365XL and I feel adequately armed with it. It also has a Holosun 507K and Strreamlight TLR-7 Sub on it.

If I had to open carry, it would probably be my 3" 686 Plus or my TP9 SFX.

cwtebay
04-20-2022, 12:00 AM
I have to admit, I do enjoy open carrying!!!
My hunting rifle, shotgun, pistol, bow..... each and every time I go in the field!!!

memtb
04-20-2022, 10:25 AM

Actually quite a few states recognize (honor) the 2nd Amendment! Open carry is completely legal! memtb