PDA

View Full Version : For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, April 13

Pine Baron
04-13-2022, 06:15 AM
Good morning all. A great message on unconditional love and a prayer for us on this day. Have a safe and blessed day.

Hagee Ministries

On the night before Jesus died, He was in the upper room with His disciples expressing His love for them. He washed their feet, spoke words of life and wisdom, and showed the ultimate picture of unconditional love. That evening, He shared one of the most important commandments found in John 13:34. He said, "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another." What do you think of when you hear the word love? What about when you think of God's love? In 1 Corinthians 13, we're given an outline of real, God-given love. This kind of love is deeper than any emotion or a physical act. It says; "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." Isn't it amazing? That was the exact kind of love that Jesus demonstrated on the Cross as He gave Himself as a sacrifice so that we might forever live with Him in heaven. As you begin your day, ask God to show you how to love those around you, just as He has loved you.

Prayer

Lord, You are the ultimate example of love. While I was a sinner, You paid the ultimate price on the Cross because Your love for ME is so deep. I don't deserve it, but You still give it freely. I receive Your love. Help me to love others the way that You have loved me. Teach me how to walk in unconditional love. Lord, I want Your love to shine through me like never before. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

augercreek
04-13-2022, 06:53 AM
If only my will my mind would always do that ! It should be automatic shouldn't it !

buckwheatpaul
04-13-2022, 07:00 AM
augercreek we are a work in progress because our free will keeps tripping us up! It is a good thing that God sent Jesus to save us and He has given us grace in spite of our sinful nature. I do love God and accept Jesus as my Savior and pray for the Holy Spirit to help me keep my free spirit from tripping me up! Thank you Pine Baron for this Bible Study lesson!

Wayne Smith
04-13-2022, 07:35 AM
It will not be 'automatic' as long as God gives us free will. That is the conundrum - that we freely surrender to God and the Holy Spirit joins us in the fight, but we still fight. God allows us to counter His will.

dverna
04-13-2022, 07:42 AM
It will not be 'automatic' as long as God gives us free will. That is the conundrum - that we freely surrender to God and the Holy Spirit joins us in the fight, but we still fight. God allows us to counter His will.

So true.

Good message and a tough one to achieve but we must try and chastise ourselves when we fail...and we will.