PDA

View Full Version : Dillon 650 Conversion Parts Storage

sierra1911
04-07-2022, 01:21 PM
Learning DesignSpark Mechanical so I can build my own 3D printed reloading accessories:

GWS
04-07-2022, 06:40 PM
That's the smart next step after building collators and APP part from TylerR's thread. Good job!

sierra1911
04-07-2022, 07:23 PM
Have already printed all of the APP parts and most of the parts for the collator. Having issues with PLA warping on both collator disks and main body. Just printed a collator plate with PETG and no warping. Need to experiment with the required capacitance to keep the collator motor relay latched so the lower sensor will turn on the collator and the upper one will turn it off....

GWS
04-07-2022, 08:19 PM
I solved all PLA warping problems last year by changing my printer bed material to Polypropelene, lowered PLA temperature to 215C, and bed temperature to 65C.

That's using Overture Pro PLA, and/or Zyltec PLA. My most trouble-free favorites: Overture Pro Black, White, and blue and Satin Red. And Zlytec Satin Green, Red, and Blue.

Pictures below are examples of what they can do:

https://i.postimg.cc/cCFXDZGQ/IMG_3947.jpg
Bullet Feeders using Zyltec PLA Satin green, blue, and red.

https://i.postimg.cc/G3WQKSY4/IMG_3951.jpg
Overture PLA Pro Black Collator base on my Polypropylene bed (just mounted on top the original Creality one.)

https://i.postimg.cc/dtYPFx8C/IMG-3952.jpg

Zyltec Satin green plate for .308 brass on the finished Overture PLA Pro Black base.

No warping on any of it. Printer? Creality CR 10v2.

PolyP plate link that I use: https://www.amazon.com/3103103mm-Mamorubot-Platform-Polypropylene-Adhesive/dp/B07JC9LQTY/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Mamorubot&qid=1635802575&sr=8-1

I've never tried PETG yet......would like to....to see if I can have better luck with a kleenex box on my 4Runner dash! the PLA one I printed DID warp in the hot summer sun last year .... that wasn't such a good application for black PLA.:)

sierra1911
04-21-2022, 11:40 AM
I made one last attempt with the PLA (only because I'd bought 3 spools for my bullet feeders) any finally had success. Printed the first layer at 215/65 for the nozzle/bed and decreased to 200/65 for the remainder. Also reduced the filament feed by 10%.

I bought a Prusa MK3S+ printer as I wanted the bullet feeders and other printed objects to be my projects; I didn't want the printer itself to be a project. The Prusa came with the features I wanted including a good auto bed leveling system. I'm also using the Prusa slicer. The printer uses powder coated steel PEI sheets on the heatbed.

Will probably use PETG for most everything in the future. Prusa prints many of the parts for their printers and uses PETG for all of them. They've perfected the printer settings in their slicer for their Prusament brand PETG and those settings are so far working well for Overture PETG. The Prusament PETG filament is expensive but the Overature PETG is about the same price on Amazon as the Overture PLA Pro. Prusa having the slicer settings dialed in for their printers and PETG is likely because they're running PETG on 600 of their printers in their print farm!

Don't know how well the Prusa PETG settings would translate to your slicer and printer, but I'd be happy to print screen shots of my PETG slicer settings and email them to you; just PM me your email address.

Now printing the second of three collator main bodies. Need to print an electrical box and start assembling/wiring.

Handloader109
04-30-2022, 12:28 PM
I've had a prusa for the past year and a half. Just a workhorse. Very few issues, and those have all been my mistakes. It has a good sensor for out if filament, unless you allow that last bit to have a 90 degree hook and allow a jam....
But I digress. Petg, order you a roll or so of paramount brand. Ebay or direct from them, same price. Really the best I've tried and is decent price. Zyltech is pretty good also and a bit cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk