PDA

View Full Version : U.P. North Swaging Press

Danth
04-06-2022, 06:35 PM
I have one of these presses and have a few questions. If using CH-4D dies, is there a mod to eject the bullet? I've got the 7/8-14 bushing to accept the die, but nothing to eject the bullet. Also, there's a flat plate that spans the two tie rods. What is the purpose of that flat plate? Thanks, Dan

Faret
04-09-2022, 10:39 AM
I have one of these presses and have a few questions. If using CH-4D dies, is there a mod to eject the bullet? I've got the 7/8-14 bushing to accept the die, but nothing to eject the bullet. Also, there's a flat plate that spans the two tie rods. What is the purpose of that flat plate? Thanks, Dan
Should be able to fabricate one out of some angle iron and some threaded rod. Would have to tap and drill into the Guide plate though. The flat plate that you have on your press now acts as a stop for handle and adds some rigidity.

JRLesan
04-11-2022, 07:34 AM
Not too long ago a member here was selling one of these. Included in his ad (posting in Swapping & Selling) was a link to the original "Up North" press with some pictures and instructions. If it's still in the S&S section and you can locate it (the post) you may find the information you are seeking.