PDA

View Full Version : Had The Drivewy Sealed Today

Rapier
04-04-2022, 03:30 PM
Two years ago we put in a 700’ paved driveway, yeah, but cheaper than concrete. The paving guy said you need to seal it in a year or two. It started getting little hair line cracks in places. So I got a new jar of Vaseline and called. Asphalt, tar, petroleum and all.
So same bunch comes, a good thing, and we get a good fill/seal job, 500gal liquid tank and all. No, not one 5gal bucket or one roller.
Our total cost is not that important, it was sporty, but the material cost hikes are, three in the last week alone, and quotes good for only 24 hours, with an exemption for material costs. The material cost of our driveway has doubled in 2 years. The owner said it is tough to make folks understand that the prices on gas and diesel, go hand and hand with the price of asphalt.

NyFirefighter357
04-04-2022, 06:56 PM
I know a few guys that did that here and they would go to the asphalt plant and fill the tank 1/4 -1/2 full then cut it with water depending if they were spreading with a squeegee or spraying it.

cabezaverde
04-05-2022, 03:57 PM
Two years ago we put in a 700’ paved driveway, yeah, but cheaper than concrete. The paving guy said you need to seal it in a year or two. It started getting little hair line cracks in places. So I got a new jar of Vaseline and called. Asphalt, tar, petroleum and all.
So same bunch comes, a good thing, and we get a good fill/seal job, 500gal liquid tank and all. No, not one 5gal bucket or one roller.
Our total cost is not that important, it was sporty, but the material cost hikes are, three in the last week alone, and quotes good for only 24 hours, with an exemption for material costs. The material cost of our driveway has doubled in 2 years. The owner said it is tough to make folks understand that the prices on gas and diesel, go hand and hand with the price of asphalt.

Our driveway is about the same length. Can I ask what it cost to have it paved originally?