PDA

View Full Version : 1892 in 44-40

Iowahunter
04-04-2005, 11:28 PM
I picked up a newer 1892 Winchester(miruko) High Grade in 44-40 and from what i understand only 200 were made to be shipped to Europe. Its NIB but I'm itchin to shoot it. Think I should ? I have seen a couple on the web recently and I got it for roughly half of the others asking price. I've never owned a gun with gold inlays before...Any special care need to be taken?
I realise it will never go huntin with me but, some quality range time seems prudent. Thanks for lookin and if anyone has any 44-40 info to share i would welcome it. :grin:

KCSO
04-05-2005, 11:37 AM
My distributor says 500 made, but they are dropping in price so they must not be selling real well. CDNN dealer price has come down in the last couple of months. Leave it as is in the box and don't shoot it and your grand kids will sell it for a big profit. Shoot it with you kids and grandkids and they will keep it with memories for profit.

I have a Canadian Centennial 30-30 that I bought in 72 for $10 less than a standard carbine as the dealer had a bunch and they wern't moving. I was offered $400.00 for the gun the other day and a NIB unit goes for $500 and in the past 30 years me and the kids have put about 2000 cast loads through the gun. I don't feel that I would rather have had the extra $100. My daughter will get the gun soon and She wouldn't take $1000 for it.

C1PNR
04-05-2005, 03:47 PM
I have a Canadian Centennial 30-30 that I bought in 72 for $10 less than a standard carbine as the dealer had a bunch and they wern't moving. I was offered $400.00 for the gun the other day and a NIB unit goes for $500 and in the past 30 years me and the kids have put about 2000 cast loads through the gun. I don't feel that I would rather have had the extra $100. My daughter will get the gun soon and She wouldn't take $1000 for it.
I recently bought one of those same rifles for less than a new one. And no tang or crossbolt safety to mar the looks of that nice octagon Saddle Ring Carbine!http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif
Only thing I didn't like is the paint on finish. But as long as it shoots, who cares?http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Iowahunter
04-05-2005, 04:31 PM
I know 500 of each were made in 32-20,45 LC,357mag as they are listed in Winchesters site and aswell as Davidsons but, in 44-40 they only info I have found is the 200 for Europe. I will probably shoot it as I have no reason to keep it as a closet queen. I have an 1886 (Miruko) Win in 45-70 thats a great shooter and I hope this one will be also. Thanks for your replies.... [smilie=f: