PDA

View Full Version : Insurance to sell cast bullets?

txshooter524
01-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Just wondering what may be needed in addition to the 06 ffl..type, amount? Strictly talking about cast bullets not loaded ammo.
Thanks

Scrounger
01-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Just wondering what may be needed in addition to the 06 ffl..type, amount? Strictly talking about cast bullets not loaded ammo.
Thanks

Liability. Your choice, but a good way to arrive at that figure is to figure how much you have to lose in a lawsuit, and insure for a little more than that. Homestead your property, put as many of your possessions as you can in names of relatives you can trust. If you lose a lawsuit, declare bankruptcy. If a death or permanent disability is involved, a lawsuit could run into millions. The higher the coverage, the more it costs. If you don't plan on making enough money to live on, it's probably not worth getting into selling bullets. There are easier ways to make a little money.

Gunfixer
01-22-2009, 02:29 PM
By your handle, I take it you are in Texas too. If you are in "business" you would also have to have a TX sales tax permit. More PITA paperwork to keep up with

Bret4207
01-23-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm currently looking for insurance to cover my planned small engine repair business. Holy freakin' crap!!!! Mention the word "chainsaw" and people get really nervous. It's nutz! I may not be able to do it.

rbwillnj
01-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Do you really need and 06 FFL to sell cast bullets?? ie not loaded ammo?

waksupi
01-23-2009, 12:00 PM
I beleive you would want to set up as a Limited Liability Corporation. Covers your ass-etts.

mtgrs737
01-23-2009, 02:13 PM
I heard of a Doctor that put everything she owned in someone elses name to avoid the malpractice insurance payments, but it wouldn't proctect her from future earnings settlements.