PDA

View Full Version : Champion Workhorse Electronic Trap

roysha
03-31-2022, 11:17 AM
Does anyone here have any, personal experience with this unit?

Given the price, I am having some reservations, however, I've read reviews and it seems to be rated rather highly. I don't shoot a lot of clay targets, maybe 4-5 cases of 135 a year, so needing something to throw 1000s upon 1000s of targets is not an issue. At my age the manual throwers are a pain, plus if I'm shooting alone the manual throwers are a nuisance.

NSB
03-31-2022, 11:32 AM
I bought one about a year and a half ago. It’s worked great, no problems at all. Probably threw 12-15 cases off of it so far. It throws a bird about as far as a very good manual trap I have (Sportrap, a pro trap). I’d say go for it.

GBertolet
03-31-2022, 07:25 PM
I have the do-all, which I believe is basicly the same thing. Pleased with mine. Loads 50 birds at a time, have foot pedal release, and will throw close to 100 yards, with the spring at full tension. I also bought the wobler attachment. Just wish mine had wheels on it. I guess I could eventually rig something up.

popper
04-01-2022, 11:09 AM
I got the single stack with wheels, remote pedal and handle model, works great. Be sure to lock down the spring bolt - GKs and B.S. use it and in tinkering, forgot to tighten that double nut. Spring lost tension. I think they changed the names of the models recently.