PDA

View Full Version : 25 auto in a Beretta Jetfire

historicfirearms
03-29-2022, 07:05 PM
I don’t know why I have wanted one of thes for a long time, but I finally picked up a Beretta Jetfire 950 in 25 acp. They have always kind of fascinated me with the tip up barrel, decent single action trigger, light weight, and tiny size. Mine came with a neat wallet style holster and if the gun were in it, it would be exactly the same size and thickness as my normal wallet that I carry all the time.

The gun has been totally reliable over the 100 rounds that I have put through it. Ammo is rare and expensive so I would like to reload for it. I’m kind of fascinated with small cartridges, already reloading for 32 acp and 22 hornet. Looking online, I was unable to find dies or bullets. Maybe a mold will show up sometime and some brass would be great too. Anyone else fiddled with the Beretta or the 25 auto?

ShooterAZ
03-29-2022, 07:37 PM
They are cool little pistols, I have to admit. I still have one and thought I wanted to reload for it. After discovering how difficult it is to manipulate the tiny cases and bullets, I chose to get another Beretta in 22 Cal. Both have been quite reliable, but I usually carry a 2" Model 10 for SD nowadays.

elmacgyver0
03-29-2022, 08:31 PM
I have the Minx 950 in .22 Short.

kayala
03-29-2022, 09:41 PM
I have 950 BS and have full setup to feed it :D I've bought Arsenal 25 53gr TC last year but haven't cast with it yet - still have about 300 FMJ reloads. Don't shoot it much cause I HATE to loose those cases :D

historicfirearms
03-30-2022, 07:55 AM
The tiny cases are difficult to find. Out of the 100 I shot, I was only able to locate 73. They are so close to the size of a 22lr casing, it is difficult to tell them apart on the ground. I wonder how Beretta came up with the name “Jetfire”. That name seems more appropriate for something like the 338 Lapua. Anyway, I get a kick out of it. This is one of those guns that I will probably never carry for self defense. I will probably take it with me big game hunting in case a finishing shot is needed. Oh, I did find some Privi brass for sale at Grafs if anyone else is looking.

Poygan
03-30-2022, 11:31 AM
I had a Jetfire and reloaded for it. Some different makes of jacketed and I think a RCBS mold. It was accurate and reliable. Yes, slow to cast for and also slow to reload for. The only reason I sold it was because I am older and beginning to let things go. Don't pass one up if it becomes available!

Geezer in NH
03-30-2022, 11:35 AM
Note: BATF determined the holster you describe if the gun is put in it to be an AOW and an NFA violation without the proper registration and tax payment before doing so.

Many cops in my city violated it never knowing about it.

kayala
03-30-2022, 02:40 PM
I think it would be considered AOW only if you can fire it from the holster; I didn't see OP mentioned that it can be fired from holster.

historicfirearms
03-30-2022, 04:24 PM
Wow, I didn’t know that about the holster! Thanks. Good thing I never put the gun in the holster and now I never will. Glad the ATF is out there keeping everyone safe.

nhithaca
03-30-2022, 04:32 PM
I have the 22 Short only version, that is marked as a 1950 Model and dated 1952. Won't shoot through a snow bank with high velocity shorts!! Neat little gun, but only good for a shot in the ear as a defense weapon. A friend of my father had the same gun only with a 3 or 4" barrel (can't remember).

historicfirearms
03-30-2022, 04:37 PM
I think it would be considered AOW only if you can fire it from the holster; I didn't see OP mentioned that it can be fired from holster.

You are correct, my holster doesn’t have a trigger hole, so guess it is ok.

Mk42gunner
03-30-2022, 07:20 PM
Check Titan reloading for a set of Lee reloading dies. I think NOE makes several suitable molds.

I am in the process of making a .25ACP rifle, it goes slowly amongst other needs.

Robert

Texas by God
03-31-2022, 12:52 PM
I've wanted one for a long time. Still looking, congratulations on finding yours.
I have doubts about a holster being a NFA item, but who knows. I do remember wallet holsters with a trigger finger hole for the High Standard Derringer.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

FergusonTO35
04-01-2022, 11:31 AM
I've seen those holsters for NAA mini revolvers also. The issue is whether the holster disguises the gun as a wallet, i.e. concealed gadget device AOW. Somebody made some wallet holsters for the LCP awhile back which left the top of the slide uncovered and ATF determined that these did not cross into AOW territory because the pistol was still identifiable as a gun when inside the wallet. I would think the same type of holster for the Beretta would be kosher.