PDA

View Full Version : In my Shop

country gent
03-28-2022, 12:07 PM
In my shop is a simple wooden chair sitting beside the bench. It is a reminder.
Some days Grandpa, Dad, and my first boss a long with Old Eddie and other co workers are sitting in it continuing to give pointers and advice.
Some days its old friends who have stopped in to visit again in my memory
My Wife makes an appearance often wanting to know if I can take a break and come in the house.
Many family members friends and acquaintances are in that chair from over the years.

Family, friends, respected co workers, Bosses, past teachers, theres a lot that use that old hard backed chair by the bench.

When I get The boring head Grandpa made out I see him sitting there nodding and smiling. When I am using a tool Dad made again hes sitting there smiling and nodding. Mom makes an appearance when Im fixing something for in the house. MY wife when Im having a rough day or a very good day.

All of the friends family and people who guided me as a child thru the teens and adulthood are in that chair watching helping and guiding still.

Texas by God
03-28-2022, 12:34 PM
God bless them. And you for sharing, thanks.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

cwtebay
03-29-2022, 09:46 AM
Thank you for sharing that, great story.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

John Guedry
03-30-2022, 09:09 AM
In my shop hanging on a wall are 2 straight back chairs my grandparents had made when they married (1900) .25 each. You furnished the cowhide for the seat. I often think back about all the family/friends who have sat there over the years and all the "pearls of wisdom" I have picked up from all those folks,all now gone.

Hossfly
03-30-2022, 09:20 AM
Thanks for that reminder of the chair, I also have an old ladder back in my reloading room. The legs have worn down and cut square so many times it almost as low as a stool. Originally covered with green cow hide, and overlaid with deer hide with hair side up. Fond memories of who sat there over the years.

country gent
03-30-2022, 10:33 AM
I find it amazing that when you stop and think about it how many people have touched our lives forming, guiding and showing us the way. Family members, Friends, Co workers, Teachers, Counselors, Doctors, nurses, Even the people on the street, and strangers. All have had a hand in shaping who we are what we stand for our beliefs and morals.