PDA

View Full Version : Pig hunt in Michigan

dverna
03-27-2022, 06:07 PM
I am considering a guided hunt in Michigan and wondering if anyone has a recommendation. The outfitter must be able to butcher and package the meat for me.

Thanks

truckerdave397
03-27-2022, 06:26 PM
I would be down for that too if a hunt like this is to be found. I am in the Flint area.

Lakehouse2012
03-27-2022, 06:35 PM
Count me in Don! I had been thinking I'd need to go to Texas for a hog hunt, but if there was something in Michigan, be a hoot!

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Bmi48219
03-27-2022, 07:11 PM
dverna,
If you don’t mind please post the areas and rates you find. Thanks

fastdadio
03-27-2022, 09:42 PM
I know of no pig hunting lodges in Mi. So, I'm watching to see what you folks come up with. I might be in on this. I shot a nice one at a lodge in Tn. It was a good experience and the guys from work that I went with all had a great time and came home with the bacon. We went to this place;
https://www.caryonah.com
Here he is;

dverna
03-27-2022, 11:15 PM
I have found a couple of places and was wondering if anyone could recommend an outfitter.

I certainly did not expect to have anyone join me but that would be awesome!!!! Going on a hunt with a few of you guys would be a lot of fun and we could share lies...LOL.

I will follow up with costs and locations this week. Most of the places offer other game as well so that offers options. I am too cheap to pay $2000 for a bison but most of the places seem reasonable for a boar....$300-500.

As to timing, I am retired so I have a lot of flexibility. If you are interested in going on a hunt post possible dates that work for you.

This could be a lot more fun than I had planned!!

BTW, I am located 25 miles from Gaylord.

I will reach out to Lloyd Smale as a few of the places are in the UP and he may have heard of them.

fastdadio
03-28-2022, 11:12 AM
I have found a couple of places and was wondering if anyone could recommend an outfitter.
I certainly did not expect to have anyone join me but that would be awesome!!!! Going on a hunt with a few of you guys would be a lot of fun and we could share lies...LOL.
I came here seeking knowledge about getting my cast boolit project off the ground. I found that in spades. I now stay around for the comradery and fellowship I share here with like minded individuals. I can go hunting any time I want (within reason), but it's the chance to meet up with my Mi. neighbors on this site that really got my interest here. If we can't get a hunt together, let's organize some other type of meet and greet.

skeeter2
03-29-2022, 07:32 AM
https://ragingrussians.com/

I hunted here 15 years ago. Can’t comment about any recent events. It’s in the UP, near Marquette.

pmer
03-29-2022, 10:52 AM
https://ragingrussians.com/

I hunted here 15 years ago. Can’t comment about any recent events. It’s in the UP, near Marquette.

I've been here about 5 years ago with the 45-70 and got a nice boar. The lodge was in great shape. You do a sight in and can stalk or use a stand. It is guided and they process the pig. They are Russian Boar and not escaped domestic hogs. They also have fishing trips on lake superior in the summer, not sure about winter.

Thin Man
04-01-2022, 06:15 AM
Somewhere about 50-60 years ago (yup, I'm old enough to remember those days!) some people opened a commercial hunting lodge named Hunters Haven in the Townsend community, about 10 miles away from me. Their entire property was fenced and held both domestic and imported and exotic game. The real thrill came from the wild boars Russian Razorbacks. This enterprise had a lot of guests and the stories about their hunts circulated every day. Somehow the fence got violated by either the boars or by local people inviting themselves onto the property. Many of the boars escaped and resulted in large numbers of hogs living in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Park Service personnel were issued AR-15 (suppressed) and the new-to-them .300 Whisper load to reduce those hog numbers. Their favorite tactic was to hit the largest hog they saw and let the rest of the herd attack and down it. Rumor had it that this was a thrill to witness. We still have wild boar issues in the Park, not sure whether or how much the Park Service is doing to keep their numbers in check.

firefly1957
04-03-2022, 05:09 PM
Some people are running wild hogs in Gladwin county with dogs but I think you are looking for n enclosed game farm hunt?
Here in Clare county wild/feral hogs happen occasionally .