PDA

View Full Version : Trying something new

country gent
03-27-2022, 04:51 PM
Gentleman Im fixing something new tonight to try. Stuffed onion rings.

Im using a red onion about 3" in dia. But I believe a big sweet or vadailia will work as well

I mixed some 80/20 hamburger sharp cheddar cheese finely shreaded, some diced bell pepper, mushrooms diced.

Cut 2 slices of the red onion about 3/8 thick and separated by every other ring. You want an onion with thicker rings. every other ring makes 1 onion ring in pairs.

Set the ring pairs on a sheet of wax paper with the hamburger mix and work inside the larger ring and push the smaller inner ring in lightly packing the hamburger in place

I ended up with 3 rings from my slices stuffed like this.

with a strip of thin cut bacon wrap around ring till covered 1 strip each did it for me.

Season as you like and Im cooking in the air frier at 330* for roughly 1/2 hour. I think they will be better in the smoker.

Been in about 20 mins and are really smelling good now. I think Ill cook them till the bacon wrap is good and crispy.

osage
03-27-2022, 04:58 PM
That does sound good and not too much work.

gwpercle
03-27-2022, 05:12 PM
Gentleman Im fixing something new tonight to try. Stuffed onion rings.

Im using a red onion about 3" in dia. But I believe a big sweet or vadailia will work as well

I mixed some 80/20 hamburger sharp cheddar cheese finely shreaded, some diced bell pepper, mushrooms diced.

Cut 2 slices of the red onion about 3/8 thick and separated by every other ring. You want an onion with thicker rings. every other ring makes 1 onion ring in pairs.

Set the ring pairs on a sheet of wax paper with the hamburger mix and work inside the larger ring and push the smaller inner ring in lightly packing the hamburger in place

I ended up with 3 rings from my slices stuffed like this.

with a strip of thin cut bacon wrap around ring till covered 1 strip each did it for me.

Season as you like and Im cooking in the air frier at 330* for roughly 1/2 hour. I think they will be better in the smoker.

Been in about 20 mins and are really smelling good now. I think Ill cook them till the bacon wrap is good and crispy.

LIKE LIKE LIKE !!!
Gary

country gent
03-27-2022, 05:35 PM
The red onion gave a very nice flavor with the hamburger cheese and mushroom. 30 mins was about right at 350* bacon was nice and crispy. Onions were just to the start of transparency and soft. Were very good as a side but a few more would make a meal.

Ranch dressing, Barbecue sauce, Or even Salsa would make a great dip for them. A light glaze of barbecue sauce would be good to. Now even more a couple hours in the smoker with some maple or apple chips would really make them good.

If you want more filling between the 2 rings go every 3rd ring for the pair

Dang were they good tonight.

rbuck351
03-28-2022, 02:00 PM
Raw sweet onions are good. If you cook an onion,you might as well try to eat it a second time. Sorry, I cant even stand the smell of them cooking.

Baltimoreed
03-28-2022, 03:27 PM
Want to see pictures but sounds good.

Bmi48219
03-29-2022, 02:30 AM
:kidding::kidding::kidding::kidding::kidding::kidd ing:
Raw sweet onions are good. If you cook an onion,you might as well try to eat it a second time. Sorry, I cant even stand the smell of them cooking.

Even if they’re cooking with some tender calves liver? Just kidding.