PDA

View Full Version : M&P 4.6 10MM Range Report

TXCOONDOG
03-26-2022, 11:08 AM
Picked up my M&P Thursday from the FFL and took it to the range yesterday after I cleaned and lubed it (8 points of lube).

The trigger is a little gritty at 4.75 lbs of pull, but still much better than the old hinged trigger (I replaced them with APEX flat faced triggers). Has full chamber support. It absolutely didn't not like my powder coated 175gr cast boolits (3-5" at 25 yds) and it leaded the barrel so I need to slug the barrel and figure out what the deals is with it. However, it produced under an inch group at 25yards with the Rainer plated HP bullets.

The frame is more narrow than my M&P 40 (original M&P) at the grip and frame. I use a brass catcher on all my pistols that attaches to the picatinny rail and it would not stay attached because it's narrower. Even though I have small hands, I shoot the best with the large grip panel. I like the new grip texture and was comfortable even with full power loads. No malfunctions at all!

I'm a huge M&P fan and shoot them well, but I need to put some time in to see how I like it overall

Paul105
03-26-2022, 11:36 PM
I installed a Timney trigger/sear on my 2.0 Suppressor Ready M&P 45. Made a significant difference - best trigger I've felt on a striker fired pistol and I didn't even install the safety plunger.
https://photos.imageevent.com/paul105/hobby/large/MP45%20timney%20trigger%20thumbnail_IMG_5643.jpg

FWIW,

Paul

MrWolf
03-27-2022, 08:40 AM
I was and still am a M&P fan. I replaced the trigger on my M&P 45c with the Apex and knew to do it before i bought her. What a difference. You may also like the feel of Springfield Armory. I have their 10mm xdm full size for walking the woods. Been waiting on my xdm elite 10mm to come in. Just tossing out another option. Good luck.