PDA

View Full Version : Kel-Tec Sending guns to Ukraine !

W.R.Buchanan
03-18-2022, 05:14 PM
Read this off the Fox News Home Page.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/american-gun-businesses-states-help-ukrainians-fight-back-against-putin

Kel-Tec is shipping 400ea. 9MM Sub 2000's to Ukraine. For those of you that don't know, these guns are a Simple Fold in Half 9MM or .40 S&W Blow Back Semi Auto Rifle. I have the .40 S&W version as I don't do 9MM, but the 9MM is more appropriate for European use due to ammo availability.

The first two pics are of my Gen 1 gun the last pic is the current Gen 2 gun which they are shipping to Ukraine.

Well done Kel-Tec!

Randy

Outpost75
03-18-2022, 05:24 PM
Link gives 404 error

lar45
03-18-2022, 06:00 PM
Awesome, what magazines do they take? Glock standard?

lar45
03-18-2022, 06:07 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/american-gun-companies-helping-ukrainians-fight-putin.amp

FLINTNFIRE
03-18-2022, 07:52 PM
Yeah a 404 error , more social signaling and like anyone wants one , but hey sure send us here in the states some free weapons , or ammo , way this mess is going and the money we are throwing away it may be good to have some plinking weapons .

Kenstone
03-18-2022, 08:43 PM
Those links don't work, this one has worked for me:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/american-gun-businesses-states-help-ukrainians-fight-back-against-putin
Read the comments. :coffee:
worked for me,

W.R.Buchanan
03-18-2022, 08:44 PM
Link works now. As far as the guns go, I have one, I like it, but mine is a .40 S&W, so it will, actually hurt if I hit you with it. I've had it for 10 years, and it got shot a lot over the years, never failed to fire.

They are useful but not for everybody. But if I was in Ukraine I would take one in a heartbeat. Especially if I was on the move and had to travel light. These guns were made for Urban Combat. They can take just about any common magazine, (KT has different mag latches for about 7-8 different styles.) Mine takes Glock Mags, and I have 31 round magazines that it runs perfectly.

These guns were supposed to go to someone in Ukraine but he went silent so they found someone else in Ukraine that could import them and shipped them . Kel-Tec has been outfitting armies all over the world for many years and can get thru ITAR easily.

My whole point here was letting everyone know that this American Gun Maker is helping out, when most others are just sitting there doing nothing.

400 guns is no small gift!!!

Well Done Kel-Tec!!!

Randy

El Bibliotecario
03-18-2022, 10:58 PM

BJK
03-18-2022, 11:37 PM
While not military rugged, they'd be fine for civil defense. I hope they do some research on them. They need an elevated red dot to come alive. They may no longer fold fully with one in place but in that environment who cares? They're light and fast (with a red dot).

FWIW, I used one for a few years in competition and it always worked as long as I fed mine brass cased ammo. It's the only sub2k I ever heard of that didn't like aluminum cased ammo. Lucky me; it absolutely hates aluminum ammo.

samari46
03-18-2022, 11:39 PM
Just saw this on MSN. Good for Kel-Tech. Frank

Txcowboy52
03-19-2022, 12:36 AM
Good job !! Way to go Kel-Tec ! I feel for the Ukrainian people, Russia has the same problem we have , Putin has lost his mind!!

Let’s go Brandon !!!

Bigslug
03-20-2022, 08:10 PM
I think the manual reads "Use once; acquire AK-74; pass down to your buddy; rinse and repeat as necessary".

A far better tool for that kind of upgrading than kitchen knives or Liberator pistols.

Divil
03-20-2022, 09:59 PM
I think the manual reads "Use once; acquire AK-74; pass down to your buddy; rinse and repeat as necessary".

A far better tool for that kind of upgrading than kitchen knives or Liberator pistols.

I think that would be an excellent use for them. Or guarding mostly docile POW’s.

ddixie884
03-22-2022, 08:15 AM

What he said............