PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 4 Cavity Handles

Shootn
01-21-2009, 06:46 PM
My local pusher only has the "nutcracker" style handles. I've never used those style. Is there a reason to keep lookin or should I give these a go? Seems like they might be a little clumsier than the kind that pivot in the middle.
Thanks for the advice!

Derek

cabezaverde
01-21-2009, 06:55 PM
I have had a pair of the new style ones on back order with Midsouth. Looks like they and Midway are scheduled to receive them late this week.

I have not heard great reports on the nutcrackers.

MT Gianni
01-21-2009, 07:38 PM
The nut crackers are all I have used for the past 19 years and they do a good job. If there is a learning curve it was a long time ago.

runfiverun
01-21-2009, 10:13 PM
i have a set of the nut cracker type and don't have problems using them.
i did just receive a set of regular style ones from rick and haven't had a chance to try them yet.
but don't see a problem with the old style.

mtgrs737
01-21-2009, 10:20 PM
I have switched over to the KAL (Red River Rick) style center piviot handles and I like them better than the nutcracker style. I also like Ricks handles better than the new Lyman handles. Rich is producing another lot, I would contact him and get a couple of pair, you won't be disapointed!

Shootn
01-21-2009, 11:32 PM
I have switched over to the KAL (Red River Rick) style center piviot handles and I like them better than the nutcracker style. I also like Ricks handles better than the new Lyman handles. Rich is producing another lot, I would contact him and get a couple of pair, you won't be disapointed!

Sounds like a plan! Thanks guys.

Derek