PDA

View Full Version : Old Commercial Poacher and a Game Warden

Wolfdog91
03-14-2022, 11:18 PM
So if someone is in the mood for a cool story dealing with some of the ins and outs of commercial poaching and a game Warden trying to catch them .... Is it 100% true ? I don't know but it's better then most of the stuff on TV now days
( Btw no my channel is not monotized so no I'm not making any money off of someone else's reading)
First three min is just me explaining what the book is where to find it yadda yadda yadda so you can just skip to like 2:50 to start the actual book.
Hope someone enjoys it as much as I do

https://youtu.be/lk45uNfyMow

waksupi
03-15-2022, 12:27 PM
In this area years ago, they hired the area's worst poacher as game warden. The never could catch him, but knew who it was!

fixit
03-15-2022, 01:32 PM
That was a good listen! Thanks for sharing!

Murphy
03-16-2022, 12:31 AM
An uncle of mine and his life long friend spent a life time poaching. It didn't go over well when the uncle got caught one year during the middle of deer season, he just happened to be the state representative also. When he got back to his office in Oklahoma City at the capital after the Thanksgiving holiday, he opened his office and for 20+ spot lights piled on his desk. But, the folks here forgave him (1/2 of em' poach as well) and kept him in office for 10 years.

Now for the fun part. After he retired from the legislature a well known county warden who'd tried forever to catch him, up and moved in on his camp and was worse than a bad rash, just wouldn't go away. It stayed that way until they grew old and had to give up huntin'.

Murphy

Winger Ed.
03-16-2022, 01:20 AM
One of my old customers told a story of his retired neighbor that would frequently go down to the river bank and fish.
The Game Warden always suspected him of keeping under minimum size fish or going over the bag limit, but never could catch him.

This cat & mouse game had gone on for a few years. One day, the Warden saw him in action.
He saw him catch a few fish, that he just new were under size.
He watched him sitting on the bank, catch a small fish, pull a big burlap bag part way out of the water, and put the fish in it.

The Warden waited until he knew he could write a big ticket, then went over and busted the old guy.
The old guy said he'd just gotten there and hadn't caught anything yet. So the Warden reached in and pulled up his bag.

It was empty!
The old fella had grabbed a burlap bag off his stack of them that morning and the one he took fishing had a hole in it.
He'd put a fish in one end, and it would swim out the other.

The Warden didn't get to write the ticket he'd wanted to for so long,,,, and was not smiling when he left.

10x
03-16-2022, 06:50 AM
I won't comment on past game wardens I knew who were active poachers when they had the opportunity.