PDA

View Full Version : In case you were wondering…..

Hogtamer
03-14-2022, 10:20 PM
when reloading and ammo prices would moderate:
https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/ammunition-price-hikes-imminent-commodity-prices-soar

armoredman
03-15-2022, 04:00 AM
Oh well, I'll keep on getting what I can get.

gwpercle
03-15-2022, 09:35 AM
I cast boolits and reload ...along with a hoarded lifetime supply of 22 LR , powders , primers and wheel-weights ... I'm Good !

Keep On Keeping On
Gary

rbuck351
03-15-2022, 12:34 PM
Typically prices of goods and services increase about 18 months after the inflation of the money supply. The huge increase in inflation (govt deficit spending) has apparently decreased the lag time between the inflation and the rising costs of goods and services. Also the plandimic has given the commies in power a reason to shut down workers (stay at home on extended unemployment) which shuts down production and delivery. Now we have the perfect storm, too much money chasing too few goods and services. Now, throw in govt groups buying huge quantities of ammo and stirring up wars and you get a double whammy on ammo and reloading supplies. I have been watching this since the 70s and stocking up since then. Now at 73 I have a life time supply of ammo and components.

Prices will probably come down some but that is only probably as the commies in charge are doing everything they can think of to remove the ability of us to blast them out of power. However inflation alone is enough to keep the prices of ammo from ever returning to what it was even last year. And you can expect inflation to get worse as now they don't even have to print money as they can digitize it easier and quicker.

10x
03-16-2022, 07:20 AM
Typically prices of goods and services increase about 18 months after the inflation of the money supply. The huge increase in inflation (govt deficit spending) has apparently decreased the lag time between the inflation and the rising costs of goods and services. Also the plandimic has given the commies in power a reason to shut down workers (stay at home on extended unemployment) which shuts down production and delivery. Now we have the perfect storm, too much money chasing too few goods and services. Now, throw in govt groups buying huge quantities of ammo and stirring up wars and you get a double whammy on ammo and reloading supplies. I have been watching this since the 70s and stocking up since then. Now at 73 I have a life time supply of ammo and components.

Prices will probably come down some but that is only probably as the commies in charge are doing everything they can think of to remove the ability of us to blast them out of power. However inflation alone is enough to keep the prices of ammo from ever returning to what it was even last year. And you can expect inflation to get worse as now they don't even have to print money as they can digitize it easier and quicker.

Inflation is a very misused term for devaluation of the work one did to produce income and savings in the past.
The $5,000 I saved in 1980 that would buy a very nice automobile (even with interest) would not begin to pay for an equivalent value automobile today.
The $1 cheese burger of 1980 is now $8, The dollar saved in 1980, even invested at the highest return would pay for 1/2 of a cheeseburger now.

FISH4BUGS
03-16-2022, 07:41 AM
I cast boolits and reload ...along with a hoarded lifetime supply of 22 LR , powders , primers and wheel-weights ... I'm Good !
Keep On Keeping On
Gary
You and me both.
I listened to that little voice in my head after the LAST shortage.
I have to say that I wish I could help my friends out, but this is one time I am keeping it all for myself.

jdfoxinc
03-16-2022, 08:02 AM
Well fudge.

rbuck351
03-16-2022, 11:53 AM
Inflation is a very misused term. The govt calls the rise of prices of goods and services inflation. Not true and because they only count prices on certain goods and services, it's not even close to accurate. Inflation is the increase in the money supply. The rise in prices is the result of more money chasing the same goods and services. The 5 or so trillion spent by our govt this last year has a high percentage that is deficit spending. Deficit spending is done by creating more dollars. Saving money during high inflation is a loosing proposition. A dollar saved now will probably buy about 65 cents worth of goods next year. Many good don't follow the inflation exactly for different reasons but averaged out they will. So long as the govt continues to inflate the dollar, you are better off to spend your excess dollars on goods rather than saving to buy knowing prices will increase.

Other things such as higher demand or lack of certain items will cause prices on those things to raise faster than the dollar loses value. Check out what happens to govts that try to spend their way out of inflation. The Weimar Republic is an excellent example.

Anyway, the prices can never go back to what they were last year because the dollar is not worth in goods what it was last year. And we are probably getting another omnibus spending bill passed soon. If you don't have something you need and can afford it,now would be the time to get it.

True inflation is shown by M 2. A quick search shows the M 2 ( money supply) to have increased from 16% YOY in Sept 2021 to 30.4% in Oct 2021. There is your real inflation numbers.