PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Uniflow with Hornady drum?

omgb
03-12-2022, 03:27 PM
Can I use a Hornady drum in an RCBS Uniflow measure? Anyone know for absolute sure?

Winger Ed.
03-12-2022, 03:43 PM
If the drum diameter and hole in the uniflow jive up, it should work.

The dia. on my Hornady drums are 1.74" but I think my caliper is East German surplus I got when the Iron curtain fell,
so it may not be super accurate.

omgb
03-12-2022, 03:59 PM
Hmm, not quite as definitive as I had hoped but your measurement is better than nothing. Thank you

Winger Ed.
03-12-2022, 04:17 PM
So many of these parts and items come from the same vendors, lots of things fit back & forth.

Looking at the pictures of both measures, the drums look interchangeable just like different brands
of dies, shell holders, sizer dies & punches, and primer tubes fit back & forth to other brands.

As close as the drums look, it'd be surprising if they don't interchange.
If the hole for the rotor in the RCBS is 1.75-ish, there shouldn't be a issue with putting a Hornady rotor/drum in it.

With Hornady, there is about 3 generations of the little drop measuring thing, but the hole in the drum
was the same until this latest generation a few years ago.
However, the new drum & measure will fit the hole in the older powder dropper frame.

Moleman-
03-12-2022, 05:29 PM
for what it's worth. I have 3 hornady measures. One old one, one older LNL with a shorter threaded spout and one newer LNL with the longer threaded spout. The drums don't interchange between the LNL and the old style. Never tried to swap drums back when I had a RCBS measure.

oley55
03-12-2022, 08:03 PM
If they do interchange (RCBS/Hornady) you can rest assured this will be my expression::shock:

For what it's worth my RCBS drums measure: diameter 1.869", width 1.523", measured with my Chinesium digital calipers and probably more accurate than East German surplus. LOL

Also for what it is worth, the RCBS and Hornady Case Activated Powder Drop mechanisms will both work just fine on my Uniflows.

omgb
03-12-2022, 08:04 PM
I actually have an RCBS Uniflow with the auto from and the PTX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beagle
03-20-2022, 11:15 PM
Got an extra Large drum for a Uniflow if you need it./beagle

omgb
03-20-2022, 11:16 PM
How much[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk