PDA

View Full Version : Whats up NOE

fourclicks
03-12-2022, 10:58 AM
Wasn't sure where to post this, whats up with NOE looking at their catalog on .30 cal molds and it appears everything I was interested in was sold out. Is Swede planning on getting out of the mold business?

Wheelguns 1961
03-12-2022, 11:29 AM
Exactly opposite! I got an email the other day from them. They are getting ready to start offering iron molds in addition to their wonderful brass and aluminum molds.

35 Rem
03-12-2022, 12:11 PM
That's the way NOE availability has been ever since I because aware of their molds several years ago. You have to keep checking the site for find what you want in stock. It can get frustrating but based on the molds I've bought it's worth the wait. If you have an account they will send periodic emails giving availability of molds.

Bigslug
03-12-2022, 03:47 PM
Unless you specifically need a pointy or round nose, or hollow point, give Accurate Molds a look. You'll probably find a lot of the same designs, or close enough. Tom cuts them to order, so you aren't waiting on a production run - you ARE the production run. You might wait a month or so, but that's better than ?????????????

The mold block quality is probably about equivalent; the sprue plates are significantly thicker, and you get to specify diameters for different alloys, make tweaks to an existing mold, or go totally off the rails with a new design. They cost a little bit more, but that's to be expected for one-off production.

Dan Cash
03-12-2022, 04:04 PM
What BigSlug said. I recently ordered a mould from Accurate. The web site indicated 12 or so weeks delivery but the mould arrived in 16 days. As usual, bullets were spot on for dimension. I don't shop other makers for moulds any more..

ShooterAZ
03-12-2022, 05:04 PM
What BigSlug said. I recently ordered a mould from Accurate. The web site indicated 12 or so weeks delivery but the mould arrived in 16 days. As usual, bullets were spot on for dimension. I don't shop other makers for moulds any more..

Same here. NOE is a good company and makes some fine molds, but his business model leaves me shaking my head. The last several molds I have ordered have been from Accurate. Order exactly what you want, and get it relatively quickly.

jaysouth
03-13-2022, 01:00 AM
I have been checking the NOE website for five year wanting a 311291 bullet mold without success. Which century will you make this mold?

Wolfdog91
03-13-2022, 04:01 AM
Anyone ever email or call them and ask if a mold could be made for a extra charge by chance?

iron brigade
03-13-2022, 06:46 AM
I did a search on gun broker for noe molds and page after page of molds are being sold by whole sale hunter.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
03-13-2022, 04:42 PM
I emailed Al the other day. He ordered material in September and just received it 2 weeks ago. He’ll get the popular molds back in stock as soon as he can. His molds are worth the wait.

gwpercle
03-13-2022, 05:44 PM
I can't be the only person who does this :
1.) Join the NOE Forum , register and become a member .
2.) Go to NOE Forum site
3.) Scroll down to "Inventory Runs "
4.) click on "What would you like to see ran"
5.) In that section post what you want
6.) As soon as 4 more people have indicated they want one also ... the moulds are ran & shipped .

I wanted a 358-124-TC with a gas check and posted in that section , soon 4 others signed onwith orders , some PB some GC any number of cavities you want ...
It didn't take long ...three weeks and I had my mould .

Doing a Inventory run is a much faster way to get a mould than to keep looking at the web site and hoping they do a run ... 5 pre-sold moulds is money in Al's bank , he's going to take these orders first ... moulds sitting on a shelf is not profitable and you have to tell him what moulds you want ran ... and guess what ...there is no better way than an ... Inventory Run !

Think I'm jerking your chain ...try it one time . All it takes is 5 moulds ordered !
I don't mind the wait .
Gary