PDA

View Full Version : Mother Nature filled my pool

Bmi48219
03-11-2022, 06:21 PM
The water level in our pool was a half inch above the skimmer sill Wednesday so I added another 1/2” that evening.
This afternoon it poured for twenty minutes, adding another two inches. I should have waited. Now the sun is shining. Oh well, it beats heck out of shoveling snow.

Winger Ed.
03-11-2022, 07:31 PM
A buddy had a backyard pool.
He didn't really appreciate rain getting in it.
He said whatever he saved in make up water, he spent on chemicals to clean it up and prevent the algae from growing like crazy.

Finster101
03-11-2022, 08:20 PM
The water level in our pool was a half inch above the skimmer sill Wednesday so I added another 1/2” that evening.
This afternoon it poured for twenty minutes, adding another two inches. I should have waited. Now the sun is shining. Oh well, it beats heck out of shoveling snow.

That is supposed to be heading on south and coming to me tomorrow afternoon. We need it.

farmbif
03-11-2022, 08:36 PM
I miss the warm swimming pools of Florida , but dont miss all the traffic , the monsoon season and the overabundance of perverts, creeps and weirdos

fastdadio
03-11-2022, 09:56 PM

It was 20 deg here today, and not one iguana fell out of my trees. So, there's that....

Bmi48219
03-11-2022, 10:12 PM
Round here the traffic is not bad except for tourist season. It seldom rains before three in the afternoon so I take that as a sign from above that I should be napping. We do get homeless panhandling on street corners. So far the perverts, creeps & weirdos are staying south & east of us.
Our biggest pool water issue is phosphates. I’m starting to think it’s getting in from the spraying the golf course does. The winds are usually out of the east, blowing across the seventh fairway and the drainage lake between the fairway and us. But when they fertilize you don’t see a mist, let alone one heading our way.
We enjoy the pool but it takes me about 90 minutes a week to keep it the way I want it to be.

Winger Ed.
03-11-2022, 10:13 PM
It was 20 deg here today, and not one iguana fell out of my trees. So, there's that....

Up there, they probably all fell out of the trees back in September.

dannyd
03-11-2022, 11:12 PM
Yes it definitely filled the pools was out draining ours because it was starting to overflow, but glad we got the rain. And yes it beats shoveling snow; haven't done that in 40 years. :)

dannyd
03-11-2022, 11:13 PM
I miss the warm swimming pools of Florida , but dont miss all the traffic , the monsoon season and the overabundance of perverts, creeps and weirdos

You should have gone to more places than south Florida. ;)

Finster101
03-12-2022, 07:31 AM
You should have gone to more places than south Florida. ;)

South Florida is fine you just don't want to be too near the coastline. Most cities I go to seem fine till you get near the beach, then the freak show comes out. Seems the water is a magnet for them.

dannyd
03-12-2022, 08:36 AM
South Florida is fine you just don't want to be too near the coastline. Most cities I go to seem fine till you get near the beach, then the freak show comes out. Seems the water is a magnet for them.

Covered every mile of coastline from Pensacola to Jacksonville and it's all great wouldn't live anywhere else.

CastingFool
03-12-2022, 10:49 AM
Every fall I drain our pool down to below the jets. Flush the lines, etc. By summer, melted snow and rain has filled it back up to the skimmer.

dannyd
03-12-2022, 11:50 AM
That is supposed to be heading on south and coming to me tomorrow afternoon. We need it.

We are done with it you up try to stay dry. :)