PDA

View Full Version : Bergara

LAH
03-07-2022, 06:36 PM
Anyone one shooting a BA13? Especially 308.

barrabruce
03-09-2022, 08:37 AM
Not 308 but my neighbour bought a 44 magnum and with the open sight we were getting 1" groups at 50 yards without much ado.
Gecco factory 240 gns
I have also shot a 9mm that was remarkable accurate and shot with my martini 310 cadet out to 75 yards at least.

Pro’s and con’s they seem to be nicely accurate.
They are heavy barrel with the rest attached to it.
The trigger is ok hunting rifle nothing special nothing wrong with it.
It packs down to a small size.
The open sights seem a little low for me to get a good bead with them but usable. Being out near the muzzle makes them quick for older eye to get a snap shot away.
The scope rail is steel and feels like it weighs 2 lb but solid as a rock.
The finish on the breach seems stainless steel but it is some sort of paint/coating which Is stainless underneath.

So if your after a 4lb rifle it won’t be for you. Weighs about the same as a normal rifle.
The extra weight balances well in your hands pretty well and should tame recoil.
Points like a shot gun….imagine that.

Jury is out if I want to buy one but the 44 magnum with 240’s at pb cast velocities it is very pleasant to shoot for long strings. Factory full snot loads not for me for plinking 50 rounds off at the range but each to his own.

Barrel was smooth and felt nice with a tight patch as it come.

Hope it helps.
Barra

LAH
03-11-2022, 10:51 AM
Thank you Barra for all that typing. It does help. The company is known for their barrels so they should be good. I'm really looking for another 30-30 but I could live with a 308. There's something in the simplicity of a break open rifle that moves my soul. Thanks again.

Texas by God
03-11-2022, 07:33 PM
It looks interesting- especially in 8x57mm. Those short little barrels will be handy for ATV or truck gun use. Is this a follow up to the CVA single shot- or a parallel offering?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

1eyedjack
03-11-2022, 08:19 PM
Want one in 357 but like everything else these days no can find

jaysouth
03-25-2022, 01:11 AM
$899 for a synthetic single shot is a bit stiff for me. Actually it is a deal breaker. Buy Henry.

https://ontargetsportingarms.com/bergara-ba13-takedown-synthetic-rifle/

Rick Hodges
03-25-2022, 10:15 AM
Sure looks like it is the same rifle as the CVA Scout 2 (made by Bergara). I have one in 44 Mag.