PDA

View Full Version : How do you organize your shell holders?

pertnear
03-06-2022, 04:50 PM
Help I'm trapped in a shell-holder hide-n-seek nightmare! J/K LOL

Seems like every time I get ready to perform a task on my reloading press I'm hunting through my pile of shell-holders. I have buddies that buy a matching shell holder for each die set & keep it with the dies in the storage box. If they load .30-06, .270, .308, .243 they have 4 #3 shell holders. Everyone does things a little different . I usually de-cap as a separate step which usually involves various calibers that get tumbled clean together before sizing. I use a universal decapping die & I may do a few .223, a few .30-06, a few .45-70, etc. Also, I like top loading bullet seaters so I use extensions that may be used for multiple calibers. I think RCBS use to sell a shell holder rack but I haven't seen one lately. How do you reloader with a lot of calibers store & organize your shell holders?

Electrod47
03-06-2022, 04:56 PM
I use an old wooden loading block for 45/70 that was kinda shallow and oversize to begin with, keeps them lined up and in order. And then I put that into an old wooden cigar box. Bingo

375supermag
03-06-2022, 05:04 PM
Hi...
I buy a shell holder for each die set snd keep it in the die storage box with the die set.
Always know where it is, never have to search for it.

dverna
03-06-2022, 05:04 PM
https://www.amazon.com/DUOFIRE-Organizer-Adjustable-Compartment-Accessories/dp/B07HHZ2YTS/ref=sr_1_18?adgrpid=1341404748342042&hvadid=83837867583953&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=109111&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvtargid=kwd-83838134677731%3Aloc-190&hydadcr=6531_10162924&keywords=plastic%2Bstorage%2Borganizer%2Bwith%2Bco mpartments&qid=1646600526&sr=8-18&th=1

Simple and cheap. Not sure if the ones above are what I bought years ago but you get the idea.

I use them for shotgun bushings as well.

Edit to add:

You waste hours making something or 3D printing or spend $10 and be happy.

DDriller
03-06-2022, 05:18 PM
I stick mine on a cheap HF magnetic tool strip mounted on the wall.

Bazoo
03-06-2022, 05:33 PM
I do the hunt and peck.

Shawlerbrook
03-06-2022, 05:34 PM
You are assuming I am organized. I put some in die boxes and have some in a plastic drawer that looks like yours. I am guessing a scrap piece of wood, a dowel or two and some imagination and elbow grease could get us organized.

ryanmattes
03-06-2022, 05:39 PM
Hi...
I buy a shell holder for each die set snd keep it in the die storage box with the die set.
Always know where it is, never have to search for it.Same. All my shell holders are dedicated purpose, and they're cheap enough that a couple duplicates doesn't bother me. Since I decap and size in the same step I need the die set anyway, so I guess keeping them with the dies lends itself to my process.

The universal decapping die complicates that, of course. It would either mean bringing out the die set for each caliber, or having yet another set of holders for decapping. In that case I would probably go with a magnetic strip or pan, to hold them all where I can read the numbers. Somewhere I won't accidentally knock them all off and roll them under the bench, of course.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

elmacgyver0
03-06-2022, 06:04 PM
Same. All my shell holders are dedicated purpose, and they're cheap enough that a couple duplicates doesn't bother me. Since I decap and size in the same step I need the die set anyway, so I guess keeping them with the dies lends itself to my process.

The universal decapping die complicates that, of course. It would either mean bringing out the die set for each caliber, or having yet another set of holders for decapping. In that case I would probably go with a magnetic strip or pan, to hold them all where I can read the numbers. Somewhere I won't accidentally knock them all off and roll them under the bench, of course.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

A universal shell holder for a universal decapping die, it wouldn't be hard, think I'll make me one!

Winger Ed.
03-06-2022, 06:10 PM

You have a clear box, hey,,,,,,, that's pretty fancy.

I have mine, along with a few other needful things like 'the other size' primer ram, case prep tools, a 4 finger 1911 bushing,
and I'm not sure, but I think it's a small ball of belly button lint in a old school cigar box without a lid.

GONRA
03-06-2022, 06:20 PM
GONRA does same thing as 375SuperMag. Pays off guys!

ShooterAZ
03-06-2022, 06:26 PM
I'm another one who keeps his shell-holders in my die boxes, and top punches in my mold boxes. I will admit though, that I have some containers that look like the OP's picture of shell-holders. Most are duplicates though, or for other cartridges I no longer own or load for.

Mytmousemalibu
03-06-2022, 06:31 PM
I use a couple of these, pretty inexpensive. The number stickers stink but i put them in numeric order and know pretty quick which stack is the right one. Made by RCBS.

gunther
03-06-2022, 07:31 PM
small cup hooks or small wood screws installed in the edge of an eye level shelf on your reloading bench will also work

Baltimoreed
03-06-2022, 07:43 PM
Keep them with the correct dies in their box. If you have no boxes and store them loose then slide the shell holder onto the exposed threads of the decapping rod of the die.

MOA
03-06-2022, 07:52 PM
I use to keep them in the reloading die box. But with 243,3006, and other multiple calibers that use the same shell holder. Then I started just putting them in a box, that was a mess. Then I started using bobbin holding containers. Next time your wife goes to the fabric shop have her look for one that will hold either 12 or 24 bobbins.

TurnipEaterDown
03-06-2022, 09:05 PM
Shell holders have machining tolerance too...

I keep the ones I use for a cartridge in the die box for that cartridge. I know they vary several thousandths of inch in terms of height from the feature that interfaces w/ ram to the pocket base that supports the shell head. Why would I want to set up my dies every time I use them? One shell holder for a die set, lock the dies in adjusted position for the rifle it's for (talking bottleneck, as those are usually rifle case) and good to go.
I generally don't partial length size brass. I measure it fired to shoulder w/ a comparator insert that clears the neck and bears on shoulder, set the dies to 0.001 - 0.002 shorter, and run them that way. I have gotten 40 uses out of 8x57 w/ cast and never annealed when set up this way.

I figure 40 shots is pretty good, and had some group issues before when annealing by hand & torch. Hard to get every case annealed the same, and did some group testing that proved that to me w/ 44 mag. Probably bullet pull differed w/ cases annealed to varying degrees.

Rimmed, straight brass (most pistol I have): set the die so it runs all the way down and never worry about fit in a chamber. I don't have any loose chamber/die matches, so don't worry about sloppy chambered cases and body splits.

rtracy2001
03-06-2022, 10:18 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Foldable-Organiser-Quilting-Embroidery-Orgainzer/dp/B07W22JWTZ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1PKEC22QXD9R4&keywords=wood+bobbin+rack&qid=1646619218&sprefix=wood+bobbin+rack%2Caps%2C325&sr=8-4

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51u7xGkf-aL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Found locally, they are only about $5-$6 and work well. I have different brands, so I use the RCBS numbers and only take one off the rack at a time. I also use them for MEC powder bushings.

semtav
03-06-2022, 10:46 PM
Ditto only bigger.
Thimble rack holds my shell holders and Wilson case trimmer holders.

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

doulos
03-06-2022, 10:55 PM
I have all of mine in an old die box. But I have a shellholder reference ID sheet taped on the inside lid identifying what number Lyman and RCBS goes to which caliber. I really dont have much of a problem with it even though I have multiple Lyman and RCBS shel holders for one caliber. I still only reload 5 calibers. Probably a good idea just to keep them in the die box.

Budzilla 19
03-06-2022, 11:37 PM
In the die box. Then spares in a box to play hide and seek later for that odd caliber! Just me, though.

beemer
03-06-2022, 11:49 PM
Where did you find my shell holder box, I been looking for it for a couple days. Is the one for my 25-20 still in there?

pete501
03-06-2022, 11:49 PM
RCBS Shell Holder Rack as they intended. Reference chart pulls out.

AlHunt
03-06-2022, 11:51 PM
Each die set has a shell holder in the box. A couple of calibers I have multiple die sets and each set pretty much has it's own shell holder.

lightman
03-07-2022, 01:46 AM
I use an RCBS rack like Pete 501 pictured. I have a separate shell holder for my custom barreled rifles that stays in the die box. Before I bought that RCBS rack I had a block of wood cut to fit a plastic drawer that had wooden studs made from dowels.

uscra112
03-07-2022, 07:00 AM
The ones I need regularly are stuck to the press with a magnet. The rest jumbled in a box.

georgerkahn
03-07-2022, 08:01 AM

Seems like every time I get ready to perform a task on my reloading press I'm hunting through my pile of shell-holders. I have buddies that buy a matching shell holder for each die set & keep it with the dies in the storage box. If they load .30-06, .270, .308, .243 they have 4 #3 shell holders. Everyone does things a little different . I usually de-cap as a separate step which usually involves various calibers that get tumbled clean together before sizing. I use a universal decapping die & I may do a few .223, a few .30-06, a few .45-70, etc. Also, I like top loading bullet seaters so I use extensions that may be used for multiple calibers. I think RCBS use to sell a shell holder rack but I haven't seen one lately. How do you reloader with a lot of calibers store & organize your shell holders?

I, also, endured spending too much time to locate the shell-holder I desired. My first challenge was to make a sheet listing the 'holders I possess. After 50+ years of reloading -- I gathered a few. (I attached a photo)297270 Then -- how to have them quickly locate-able? Mostly vis auction site starting with the letter "e" ;) I picked up Lyman Shell-holder Assortment boxes. Using a Brother QL-500 label maker, I have the 'holders in each box labeled. One added note which may or may nor be germane, is of my 'holders where I have multiple (Yes -- in addition to press use, I need one for the RCBS Primer tool, one for each press for different operations) I colour the ONE shell-holder I use in the main reloading press -- generally with a blue Sharpie for quick identification. I'm kind of OCD re my loaded product -- 'specially with issues like concentricity/runout -- and I have noted there often is a difference with different (same brand!) holders.
geo

dale2242
03-07-2022, 08:17 AM
A piece of 1X2 with 1/4" dowels drilled and glued in a line.
I put them in numerical order and mark the shell holder number is written below them.
This rack sits on the bench behind my press.
I made an easy-to- read chart of which dies the shell holders fit.
An easy 30 minute wood working project and no more hunting for shell holders

Noah Zark
03-07-2022, 08:50 AM
I used to keep the shell holders in the die boxes, but after acquiring more die sets using the same shell holder, and getting a Lee primer tool and shell holders for it, I bought two ginormous hinged key rings and keep them in numerical order on the rings, one for reloading shell holders and one for Lee primer tool shell holders:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. iOutvGjPNMy3WCbls8rKwQHaGM%26pid%3DApi&f=1

The rings reside on hooks screwed into the inside of the cabinet door where all the die sets and Lee prime tools are stored. Pasted to the inside of the door are Lyman, RCBS, and Lee shell holder charts for quick reference.

Noah

John Guedry
03-07-2022, 09:40 AM
I must be in the minority here I just keep them the box with the dies. But then I don't have a whole bunch of different dies.

elk hunter
03-07-2022, 10:21 AM
RCBS Shell Holder Rack as they intended. Reference chart pulls out.

I made a similar rack from plywood and finish nails and it hangs on the backboard of my reloading bench. I put the RCBS number of the shell holder above each of them and the caliber it is most used for below. I also label each die box with correct shell holder number.

I currently have right at 100 different caliber die sets. A special few have the correct shell holder in the box. But at the current RCBS price of $8.45 each the cost to have one in each box would be excessive.

jmorris
03-07-2022, 10:34 AM
I often keep them with the dies. More common diameters (work for a number of calibers) I might keep more handy. A 45acp/30-06 family shell holders are all over the place (already in tools or presses) in my reloading room. Others like .22 Hornet, 45-70, etc. that are oddballs just stay with the die set, so I don’t have to search for them when I need them.

414gates
03-07-2022, 10:39 AM
One inch pine, 8 inches by 8.

Drill holes in a grid at a 30 degree or so angle, and put a piece of dowel in long enough to hold the shellholder.

Angled dowel keeps the shellholders from falling off when the board is mounted on a wall, or on a cupboard door.

Bamboo chopsticks made good dowel material, and you can cut to length by snipping with wire cutters.

Kraschenbirn
03-07-2022, 11:40 AM
Hi...

+1 Life's too short to waste time looking for a missing shell holder when you only need to load a couple dozen rounds to test fire a new load.

Bill

Harter66
03-07-2022, 11:49 AM
Plano or like flat tackle boxes .
I have some 45 die sets , I load things like 45 Colts ,S&W , AR , ACP , and Raptor , 1 cal 4 cases 5 shell holders , if I kept them in the die boxes the ACP dies would have 3 as would the 45 S&W sets .

Then there's the 308/06'/Mauser mess with brass that won't fit this or that shell holder out of that rifle .... I won't even try to explain 7.7&6.5 Japanese cases and options .

So yeah the 8×10×1" adjustable slot tackle boxes are in nearly herd numbers on my bench to accommodate not just shell holders , but misc spare die parts , H&I dies , top punches , shotshell loader bushings , etc .
The ones I bought from the cheap seats were like $1.25 each and have 20 slots but also have adjustable dividers . I write on the lid of the shell holder box over each compartment what that holder(s) fit and it matters less that RCBS , Lee , Lyman , Herters and Pacific didn't use the same numbers . I to used to be vexed by grabbing a #3 for the 06' clan only to find it was the #3 for 30-30 now for about $10 I don't have to hunt for that .311/.312 expander ball and rod that is shared with 30-30/308/06' nor the .318 shared with 32 Rem and 7.7 Japanese because they are in the little box slot or in the dies I used last . 4 slots for decapping pins covers them all . 2 long slots keeps the Ram Prime parts in order and at hand , another reason I don't have the shell holders in the die boxes .

There's one just for the trimmer parts ......I have a trim pro , Dad's Herters , and a recently purchased Forster that will eventually be set up for neck turning . There's a dozen shell holders , 18 pilots , 4 reamers , spare cutters , 3 collets , and some Lee stuff that I don't need but don't want to get rid of yet .

The boxes occupy about the same space as 4 of the hard bound manuals and it's pretty hard to spill them getting them out .

GhostHawk
03-07-2022, 12:07 PM
I have one set of Lee shell holders that stay in there little green box.

All other shell holders live in the die box they fit.

Froogal
03-07-2022, 12:10 PM
I buy the die sets that have the shell holder included. Keep it all together in the original box.

jmorris
03-07-2022, 01:05 PM
The co-ax keeps it pretty simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3AGbx5YVZk

Green Frog
03-07-2022, 01:16 PM
My life is complicated by the need for shell holders in the Lyman J series and Lee screw-in shell holders for the original priming tool. Oh yeah, there’s also the ones for my Herters press(es) to contend with. I mostly deal with this by leaving dedicated tools set up for a specific cartridge or family, such as a Lee primer tool set up semi-permanently for the 32 S&W->327 cases I load, another for 9mm, etc. and a very obscure one that fits 44-40 and the odd 40-90 Ballard. It’s a lot easier to keep separate tools set up than trying to remember where shell holders went!

Then there’s the old Lyman All American turret press that has been set up so long with 32 revolver dies and a J-9 SH that I’m not sure it would come off! ;). Yes, my reloading regimen (including shell holder arrangement) is “organized” chaos that makes no sense to anyone but me. :bigsmyl2:

Froggie

CaptREDD
03-07-2022, 07:19 PM
Seems like a Co-Ax press is the better solution to multible shell-holders confusion....as well as being the *best* single-station press.

REDD

kerplode
03-07-2022, 07:55 PM
Hi...

This...

dswancutt
03-07-2022, 11:59 PM
Most if not all of my dies have a shellholder in the die box. The most common calibers, I have a Inline fabrication bracket on the back of my press upright which holds the shellholders. These are used when I deprime brass.

SoonerEd
03-08-2022, 12:45 AM
I buy empty Lee shell holder boxes for about $5. They hold 12 to a box and I write the Rcbs number in Sharpe on the lid. With the lid i don't have worry about spilling them. Duplicates go in the die box with the dies.

Wild Bill 7
03-08-2022, 07:20 AM
I keep mine in the die box also. Never have to fret about where they are.

Land Owner
03-08-2022, 07:34 AM
Both RCBS and Lyman Shell-holder Assortment boxes, 12 (+/-) in each, with the outside top of boxes annotated by marker in a tool box,

AND

an additional, long, plastic, wire-tie, through the middle, with each shell holder in its numerical order, and a safety pin keeper through the ends. I also like Noah Zark's round ring idea (post #29)...food for thought.

georgerkahn
03-08-2022, 08:06 AM
Seems like a Co-Ax press is the better solution to multible shell-holders confusion....as well as being the *best* single-station press.

REDD

I have and enjoy using a Forster Co-Ax press which features the feature of NO shell holder required. (There are a few changeable doo-hickeys (technical term) which need changing out for a few calibres the supplied ones do not sufficiently grab/hold cases, though.) HOWEVER, not considering all the other presses on ones reloading room -- there are the priming tools, etc., which still require shell holders ;)!
geo

dverna
03-08-2022, 10:36 AM
I have and enjoy using a Forster Co-Ax press which features the feature of NO shell holder required. (There are a few changeable doo-hickeys (technical term) which need changing out for a few calibres the supplied ones do not sufficiently grab/hold cases, though.) HOWEVER, not considering all the other presses on ones reloading room -- there are the priming tools, etc., which still require shell holders ;)!
geo

You must be my brother....

I do the same. Love my Co-Ax (had it for about 50 years!!) Only need shell holders when using the RCBS Bench Primer or doing military case sizing for the first time on the Rock Chucker.

That reminds me, I need to sell all my Lee and RCBS hand priming tools. Since getting the Bench Prime, I have not used them in over a year.

Big Wes
03-09-2022, 10:13 AM
I use a couple of these, pretty inexpensive. The number stickers stink but i put them in numeric order and know pretty quick which stack is the right one. Made by RCBS.

This is what I use too.+1

Artpro
03-09-2022, 08:41 PM
I'm also a member of the "Well organized mass of confusion" school. Keeps me busy between naps.

Winger Ed.
03-09-2022, 08:44 PM
I'm also a member of the "Well organized mass of confusion" school. Keeps me busy between naps.

I figure it also helps keep me out of those crooked BINGO parlors.

Bmi48219
03-09-2022, 10:17 PM
My die sets are mounted in spare turrets, shell holders are stored with the turrets too. No need to adjust dies unless changing projectiles, and that seldom ever happens.
When I get the chance to load I’d prefer not spending a half hour getting everything set and adjusted.

Three44s
03-09-2022, 10:53 PM
I store my shell holders in a couple of these or a similar one.

https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-storage-organization/parts-storage/20-bin-medium-portable-parts-storage-case-93928.html

For most shell holder sizes I have multiples but as I hand prime and follow up an RCBS standard bench primer to seat high primers deeper I need all my extra holders together. Also with multiple cartridges using the same holder I would have a lot of holders of the same size to keep every die set fully outfitted. Hence the holders all in one assortment.

Three44s

Landy88
03-10-2022, 04:39 AM
Although I started with all RCBS and Hornady is my current favorite, I've taken a cue from my two Lee die sets. Every die box has its shell holder, basic data, and at least one dipper. I've went a step farther and added cartridge specific trimmer bits and about anything else that'll fit. Beyond nice dies, with that great elliptical expander, Hornady provides huge die boxes - lots fits in'em.

414gates
03-10-2022, 05:07 AM

Picture to my previous post.

fixit
03-10-2022, 11:26 AM
Organize? What's this word you use, must be one of those 'ferin' words I hear about......... actually, I used a machine tooling drawer cabinet that I picked up at a yard sale for 5 bucks. Most of my smaller reloading supplies are in there.

Rich/WIS
03-10-2022, 11:50 AM
Don't load a lot of calibers anymore and keep the appropriate shell hold in the box with the dies. Top punches are in plastic tubes with the number and bullet it is used for written on a piece of file label on the tube. This works well as NOE does not put a number on their top punches. For molds that take a numbered top punch I write the top punch number on the box as well.

Three44s
03-10-2022, 12:11 PM

Picture to my previous post.

That’s nice!

Three44s

slim1836
03-10-2022, 01:03 PM
Shower curtain hooks. KISS.

Slim

sharps4590
03-10-2022, 01:12 PM
Hi...

Same here.

Kevin Rohrer
03-10-2022, 09:22 PM
I hang mine on teacup hooks.

Rattlesnake Charlie
03-10-2022, 09:43 PM
Hi...

Same here.

Moleman-
03-10-2022, 09:49 PM
Sewing machine bobbin holder. Someone else posted that on this site a few years back. Works great!

barnabus
03-15-2022, 07:07 AM
Hi...

yep same here

Glwenzl
03-15-2022, 08:11 AM
I use to be one of those who had a SH in every die box but along the way and after 30 some different dies I used, I stopped there and since I was using an in-line fabrication mounting system, I pushed their piggy back SH. I use Hornady SHs but also have a set of green box Lee nearby and a chart on the wall (for the few RCBS) and of course the red box Lee SHs for my K&M keeping SHs and the other green box for the Lee APP right where I need and use them. Up to over 60 sets of dies now, case forming, universal depriming tool, hand priming tools, bench priming tool, case trimming and other operations like run out tool just makes this a lot simpler for me and not having to look for a SH when I need it.

https://inlinefabrication.com/products/piggyback-shellholder-collet-insert-rack-for-ultramount

gumbo333
03-15-2022, 08:31 AM
I’ve had 2 sets of Lee in their handy box for years and years. Sometimes I use 2 presses at once. Plus a few other odd calibers kept in an old Lee die box. Many say Lee shell holders are no good. I disagree.

pertnear
03-15-2022, 10:24 AM
Wow, I never expected so many responses to my slight rant & inquiry on shell holders! Thank you, some really great ideas in this thread. I was inspired to take the simple (& cheap) route - at least for now. I made a rack from a scrap board & some headed-nails driven in to the ideal depth. I attached this inside my die cabinet door. So far, none have shaken loose while opening & closing the door. Plus they are really handy now!

Baltimoreed
03-15-2022, 10:38 AM
I liked the magnet on the side of your press idea so I’ve done that on my nondedicated lyman turret press to keep them on. Works great. I also have one of those green rcbs tray gizmos for the extras.

thump_rrr
03-18-2022, 05:00 PM
Each one is with the die set it was set with.

These days I load most single stage rounds on a Forster Co-Ax so that is one less thing I need to worry about.

rintinglen
03-19-2022, 12:22 PM
Does "where did I put that" count as organised?

rcslotcar
03-19-2022, 03:19 PM
My local shop had a box full of used RCBS shell holders for three dollars each. I bought most of them and now store each in the die box.

wv109323
03-21-2022, 09:06 AM
I use a compartmented hobby box that has compartment about 1 1/2" square. I numbered each compartment.
I then made an excel spreadsheet . On the left, I listed all calibers that I loaded for. I then put the company number of the shellplate listed out from the caliber. An example is 30-06 ,RCBS 3, LYMAN 2, HORNADY X, Pacific x. I used the rcbs number to match the compartment number of the hobby box. So in compartment 3 I have all brands of shellholders that fit the 30-06. Go to .243 on the chart and it shows compartment 3 for the shellholder. Same with .45 acp. I need about 18 compartments and I keep a copy of the spreadsheet in the box.

TNsailorman
03-21-2022, 10:45 AM
I am prone to "mis-place" things; soo I buy a shell holder for each set of dies I have and put it in the box with the dies. I haven't lost out of a box of dies yet, so it must work ok. my experience anyway, james

robg
03-21-2022, 12:23 PM
I am another that keeps all shell holders for each calibre in the box with the dies including ones for primer tools.keep all the others in the the lee box

gnappi
03-26-2022, 04:08 AM

I only use them infrequently on my Big Max, nowadays I use your method for storage, but I used to store them on small finishing nails driven into the side of a shelf, sized smallest to largest.

BK7saum
03-26-2022, 11:09 AM
I have one shellholder for each my case sizes and keep them on the inline fab shellholder tray on the back of my quick change inline press bracket.

I have over 50 sets of dies and do not see and have never had a need for a shellholder for each die set.

jason367
03-27-2022, 09:34 AM
298254 lots of 3d printed types out there. Ebay guy sells them and plate holders and stuff.

gwpercle
03-27-2022, 06:28 PM
I use the DSPR (Disorganized Schizophrenic Pack-Rat) method of organizing them .
It involves no spread sheets or computer apps ... just keep repeating , while digging around in you pile ..." I know those shell holders are here someplace , I just saw them in 1972 " and keep looking untill you find them or buy more !

The truth is after buying a couple sets of Lee Dies that had the shell holder in the box ... I buy a shell holder for every box and try and make sure it stays with the dies . The extra's live in a little plastic utility box with some other doo-dah's .
Gary

Big Tom
03-28-2022, 05:53 PM
This and a cheat sheet on the side is all I need. If anybody wants the file for the 3D printer, let me know.

poppy42
03-29-2022, 12:28 AM
I have 2 for every caliber I load. One goes with the appropriate die set. The spares go in a small clear tacklebox labeled as to they’re appropriate caliber. I have Multiple different manufacturers so I don’t go by the manufacturer’s number ( a RCBS #1 isn’t the same as a Lee or Lyman #1). In the situation were a shell holder fits multiple calibers ( like 9x19 and 9x18 or 5.56 and .380) I still make sure I have at least two for each caliber. There’s nothing worse than getting ready to load up some ammo only to have everything comes to a screeching halt cause ya can’t find a shell holder! And yes I do speak from experience! LOL Those damn gremlins that sneak in in the middle of the night and take your stuff can be quite annoying. Ya know when you’re sure you put something back where it belong the night before but the next morning it’s no longer there! Well that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!