PDA

View Full Version : Daisy Eagle disassembly?

W.R.Buchanan
03-04-2022, 07:09 PM
Does any one know how to disassemble an Early (1958) Daisy Lever Action BB gun or can they point me to some instructions.

I got mine when I was 8 years old and got separated from it for a few years then got it back in less than original condition when I was 12.

My Uncle took it to work and soaked it in solvent for a few days and when it came back it was Really Powerful. It would put a BB clean thru a sparrow, and the reason why was the piston seal (leather) was swelled up from the solvent.

I shot that gun literally thousands of times and then it got put in a closet at Mom's house and I forgot about it until about 10 years ago when I found it. Now it won't stay cocked so there is something wrong with the Trigger. I need to take it apart and fix it but can't get to first base on the disassembly.

Are there any replacement parts for these gun available? I have a Late model Lever Action gun that is my Backyard Coon Removal Gun and it is not made the same way as my Eagle. Lots of plastic parts and doesn't have the solid feel of the older gun.

Looking for a little help on this one.

Randy

chutesnreloads
03-04-2022, 07:44 PM
https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php
I would inquire there. I believe there are parts available but more than one someone on GTA
can point you in the right direction

W.R.Buchanan
03-05-2022, 10:13 PM
Chutes: They all pointed me to Youtube which has instructions on how to do everything known to man.. Bunch of videos by the same guy on how to take apart and put back together Daisy BB guns, so I'll be OK now.

I have to make a "spring compression tool" which should take about 20 minutes.

Thanks Randy

chutesnreloads
03-06-2022, 01:06 PM
Let us know how it turns out

W.R.Buchanan
03-06-2022, 03:10 PM
I'll do a full Expose' on the project once it gets underway. Lots of stuff going on right now, I'm prepping for Thermo Nuclear War and I might not actually get to this for a while. Depends on how stupid Putin gets. I advise everyone here to stockpile some food and water and other essential items just in case SHTF!

The Spring Compression Tool is the key item you need to take one apart. It consists of a block of wood that is the handle, and two 1/8" rods that are spaced apart and go around the Spring Stop to compress the spring so it releases tension on the Stop which then just falls out. Going back together is the opposite.

All the other things are screws and small nuts.

Randy