PDA

View Full Version : cell phone problems

Battis
03-04-2022, 04:04 PM
Not to be an alarmist, but is anyone having cell phone problems? Lots of problems on the East Coast.

Cosmic_Charlie
03-04-2022, 04:20 PM
Probably the ridiculous 5g rollout that nodody needs.

Rapier
03-04-2022, 04:28 PM
Yep, time to get the support in line.

jim 44-40
03-04-2022, 04:29 PM
Sure am here in SW Pennsylvania

JoeG52
03-04-2022, 04:35 PM
Haven't noticed any problem in SE Pennsylvania

Battis
03-04-2022, 04:43 PM
Might be the weather...
Here's an outage map.
https://istheservicedown.com/problems/comcast-xfinity/map

Outpost75
03-04-2022, 04:47 PM
Verizon issues with 5G rollover in Northern VA, DC area , MD I70 corridor and WV eastern panhandle. System busy, dropped calls, failures to connect all day.

Seems to be issue mostly with local calls. Long distance is fine.

Battis
03-04-2022, 04:54 PM
https://outage.report/us

jim 44-40
03-04-2022, 05:04 PM
Back in the day if I was talking to my Buddy in Ohio and we got cutoff I would call back and he would say what happened. I'd reply a hawk flew over or a squirrel jumped out of a tree.Not that bad now but my cell phone is acting up lately.

Plate plinker
03-04-2022, 05:11 PM
St. Petersburg FL has had a lot of trouble with Verizon.

The Chinese tapping must be causing the difficulties.

Hossfly
03-04-2022, 05:20 PM
We had problems starting the 22 feb. ATT shut of 3g and only 4g would work. I was lucky my I phone 7+ kept working, SWMBO phone being I phone 6 did not work with 4g. So she had to get new phone. She chose a Nokia 6300 4g had a heck of time getting it to work with Pure talk but after about 8 hrs was successful. I phone 6 and back wouldn’t work but I phone 6+ or 6s forward will work.

Randy Bohannon
03-04-2022, 07:24 PM
I hope to see 4G someday , it’s never been in my part of Wyoming.

abunaitoo
03-08-2022, 11:45 PM
I have a flip phone, and it's still working......
For now.
Can't get a straight answer for Tracfone if it's still going to work with the change over.
Almost never use it, but these days I do need it sometimes.

Kenstone
03-09-2022, 12:11 AM
It's Putin
:popcorn:

megasupermagnum
03-09-2022, 01:47 AM
I hope to see 4G someday , it’s never been in my part of Wyoming.

I was in the mountains outside Sheridan not long ago. It was pretty cool having 3G up there. That's the problem with 4G though, the range isn't fantastic. It is good for about 10 miles from the tower. 3G might not be the greatest for high definition video streaming, but it works, and it is good for about 3 times the range of 4G. They are pulling the plug on 3G this year, and now there won't be any internet at all in the mountains. 5G is just a joke. It only works within 1000 feet of the tower.

imashooter2
03-09-2022, 03:12 AM
Haven't noticed any problem in SE Pennsylvania

Same here.

Dusty Bannister
03-09-2022, 08:39 AM
In NE KS on T-Mobile, had a lot of feed back on my phone, the other end in SO Central KS was fine. I used to have it more frequently a couple of years ago on a different phone with same company. Live with it I guess.

Sasquatch-1
03-09-2022, 12:44 PM
Will the old 3G flip phones still work as phones only or is that also dead?

MaryB
03-09-2022, 01:44 PM
Russians have also been hacking east coast services to disrupt things, going after cell, banking, some utilities... probing...

FLINTNFIRE
03-09-2022, 01:55 PM
Got a 5g capable phone , shut it back to 4g as 5g would not keep the hotspot active .

rbuck351
03-09-2022, 02:36 PM
3g is being discontinued according to Verizon. The wire and I went in to Verizon 5 or 6 months ago to get her a new phone. Her old phone was getting beat up and out of date. So, while there I decided to replace my flip phone as it was really getting beat up. Cracked screen and charge plug getting worn. They said I was going to have to get a 4g as they were dropping 3g. We both get our new phones, hers a smart phone and me a new flip phone. When I get home her phone will work but mine won't inside the house and I found out the new flip phone will need charged every night rather than once a week like my old phone. I checked on the internet and found the 4g and the 5g work on different frequency and don't carry as far as 3g and don't penetrate walls and such as well as the 3g.

I went back to Verizon and returned the flip phone. The main reason I had a cell phone was so my wife could keep track of me. Life is so much better now. No more interruptions from people trying to update my auto warranty or trying to get a donation or get me to vote for some commie ding bat or phone scams. Cured all that stuff and save a few dollars for more loading stuff. And I don't have to babysit that phone.

DocWatson
03-10-2022, 03:56 AM
https://outage.report/us
Thank you for that. ^_^

jonp
03-11-2022, 05:16 PM
Consumer Cellular. Our phones are 4/5g. No problems

GL49
03-14-2022, 12:34 PM
The main reason I had a cell phone was so my wife could keep track of me. Life is so much better now. No more interruptions from people trying to update my auto warranty or trying to get a donation or get me to vote for some commie ding bat or phone scams. Cured all that stuff and save a few dollars for more loading stuff. And I don't have to babysit that phone.

Exactly.
They have their uses, they sure are handy, but if mine doesn't ring for a few weeks, the silence is priceless. If you just want to chat for 45 minutes, stop by the house and I'll make a pot of coffee.
Best statement in this entire thread is your last sentence.

Battis
03-14-2022, 01:43 PM
Back in the day, if you weren't home and needed to call someone, there were these booths all over the place with telephones in them. Not anymore. Now we depend on cell phones.

GOPHER SLAYER
03-16-2022, 03:18 PM
I have had a Trac-Phone for many years which I paid $5. I simply bought $20 card every three months and it worked great. Now they have gone to 5G which I didn't want, and they have cut off my service. I do get messages from them telling me to click OK to get my service restored with a new phone. They do not tell me what the cost will be if I click OK. I called but they simply put me on hold forever.

elmacgyver0
03-16-2022, 03:29 PM
I don't own a cell phone.
I do have a company one I carry, most of my colleges carry two, one company, one personal.
I say the hell with that.
Most of the calls I receive are spam, I only answer calls I get from the people I work with, the customers can go thru the proper channels.
I can be rather picky since I only work part time.
I was asked to work part time, I didn't beg for it.
I do appreciate the extra money, comes in handy for a few of the extras I enjoy.

I had to edit this post, when I read it, could have sworn Biden wrote it for me.
Of course, he doesn't do jack for anyone except himself.

Rapier
03-17-2022, 06:01 PM
Hah, Verizon sent me a bill for $80 a month for 5G service by itself. Went back and forth , six messages, finally told them, no 5G service, no 5G phone, never have had 5g service. So got a new bill they dropped the charge, I suggest you check your phone bill.