PDA

View Full Version : Carnauba Blue - Can we make it at home?

Hanzy4200
03-01-2022, 06:41 PM
My lube making experience is pretty limited. I've made one batch I've been using for a couple years (big batch). I believe it was beeswax, carnuba, paraffin, Vaseline, and crayons. It works pretty darn well, but it a little softer than I want. I plan to use this next batch exclusively for rifle lubing. Considering I already purchased most of the ingredients, I'd prefer not to buy pre-made. Anyone have a recipe that results in something similar to Carnauba Blue?

wmitty
03-01-2022, 11:51 PM
Look up the formula for Ben’s Red. The sticky is here under boolit lubes. Main ingredients are beeswax and Lucas Red ‘N Tacky grease, along with Johnson’s paste wax , Dexron ATF and STP.
50/30/10/5/5 percent in the order listed. I am wrong, this is no longer listed as a sticky. Percentage is by volume.
I found the description of Ben’s recipe under a thread entitled “Made some boolit lube today “ but I don’t know how to tell you how to get there.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-02-2022, 11:23 AM
Carnauba Blue - Can we make it at home?
nope

If I wanted to make a good Rifle boolit lube at home, and wanted to use the ingredients you mention, I'm make a batch of Satan's lube (AKA: 666+1)