PDA

View Full Version : Log Cabin Shop

jim 44-40
03-01-2022, 12:03 PM
Anyone been out to Lodi,Ohio lately? Love that place.And the museum is awesome.I think the best item displayed is a small lead keg for blackpowder and when the powder was used up the keg was melted down for musket balls.Louis & Clark stuff

Fastleo
03-03-2022, 10:41 PM
Yep! It’s my local muzzle loader shop. I’m glad to have it close.

Stewbaby
03-03-2022, 11:10 PM
Stopped by their when working around Magnolia a few years back. Really enjoyed it. Think they had a display of every US service rifle up to the m14.

sharps4590
03-04-2022, 07:52 AM
Since I got out away from really serious muzzleloading I've sorta forgot about them. It's good to learn they're still around. I've never been there but certainly knew of them.

Gtek
03-05-2022, 11:17 AM
Places like that are treasures and am sure I would enjoy a visit if ever in the area. I also bet it has a very soothing smell, once you walk in the door your blood pressure probably drops ten or so. All the wood, fir, all the smells of BP arms. Forty years plus I can close my eyes and still smell the MRT canvas in the big boxes at the Army Navy stores my father and I routinely visited. A wonderful stink it was!

Static line
02-01-2023, 05:21 PM
Been there a bunch of times. The people are fantastic to talk to and gain advice and tips from. I bought most of my muzzleloading stuff there including two Muzzleloader kits that I built. I am having trouble ordering from their website though but no problem. I just gave them a call to order and ended up talking to the gentleman for 20 minutes as if we were old friends. That's the way they treat you.

Midohhntr
02-02-2023, 07:30 PM
Haven't been there in quite a few years, but when I did it's always a fun day..