PDA

View Full Version : Pacific part.

Lucky Joe
02-26-2022, 05:30 PM
I have a Pacific single stage press that I plan to dedicate to probably resizing. Problem, it is missing the clip at the top to retain a shell holder etc.
Where can I get 1 or 2 of these clips. Ram measures .811, any help would really be appreciated. I checked Midway and Brownells.

Winger Ed.
02-26-2022, 05:36 PM
Call Hornady.
They have various clips like those on new stuff.
With the dimension, they may be able to match one up for ya.

skeettx
02-26-2022, 05:47 PM
This should work nicely

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1013009999

Char-Gar
02-26-2022, 06:42 PM
RCBS will send you some for free.

gwpercle
03-07-2022, 08:01 PM
I bought two different types from CH4D .
One clip was for a snap-in shell holder and the other shell holder clip fit a Eagle Cobra 300 Press shell holder, that didn't snap in place , it has a little wire handle and you turn the clip into place ...
very strange little wire holder , hard to find but CH4D has them .
www.ch4d.com
Gary

dswancutt
03-07-2022, 11:55 PM
It would help if you knew which model it was. If it is the old Pacific Power C model, the clip is the same as the current Classic model and the clip P/N is 380053.

Lucky Joe
03-08-2022, 05:19 PM
I believe I have solved the issue of the retaining clip on the Pacific ram. Since I'm going to dedicate it to resizing I will not be swapping out any parts on the ram head so I simply took a piece of wire and wrapped it around where the clip would go and everything stays in place just fine. I had planned to use this press to resize brass cases 9 mm and 45 ACP however it seems to take an awful lot of effort to get them through the die even lubricated so I'm not sure this whole press has the strength needed to do the job I may dedicate it to simply resizing cast bullets. And shop for another single stage press. And dedicate that one to resizing brass cases. Hornady took the patent date and said it was made in the 1930's, it is older thasn I am. It is interesting to have a press that is pushing 100 years old though. Thank you for your interest and reply's.