PDA

View Full Version : For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, February 26

Pine Baron
02-26-2022, 08:03 AM
Good morning all. This is a great message and reminder. Have a safe and blessed day.

Saturday, February 26, 2022 - Pastor Greg Laurie
Waiting and Trusting

“‘My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,’ says the LORD. ‘And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.’"
—Isaiah 55:8

As Jesus made His way to the home of Jairus, a crowd was following them. And then, seemingly out of nowhere, a woman touched the hem of Jesus’s garment. It seemed like no big deal. That is until Jesus suddenly stopped and asked, “Who touched my robe?” (Mark 5:30 NLT).

How easily Jairus could have said, “Hey, hold on. He’s with Me.” After all, his 12-year-old daughter was sick, and he had tried everything he could to get her better. Then he heard that Jesus was nearby.

We don’t know whether Jairus believed in Jesus at this point. Obviously, Jairus was a Jewish spiritual leader, but apparently, he believed that Jesus had the power to heal. So he approached Christ and made this amazing statement: “My little daughter is dying. Please come and lay your hands on her; heal her so she can live” (Mark 5:23 NLT).

Now, that’s a lot of faith. He thought, “If Jesus can touch her, I know she will be healed.” So when Jesus stopped abruptly and wanted to know who touched Him, Jairus didn’t criticize Him. Maybe it was because he knew that Jesus always had time for hurting people.

He had no doubt heard the story of how Jesus healed the demon-possessed man, whose life was transformed. He’d probably heard the story of how they lowered the paralyzed man through the opening in the roof, and Jesus touched him and forgave his sin.

So perhaps we could say this was a test for Jairus. If it was, then Jairus certainly passed it with flying colors.

Sometimes God doesn’t move as quickly as we want Him to. Yet God says, “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts. And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine” (Isaiah 55:8 NLT). His timing is often different than ours. That’s why we need to remember that God’s delays are not necessarily His denials.

augercreek
02-26-2022, 08:10 AM
O for the patience of a Saint I need.

Markopolo
02-26-2022, 09:52 AM
Isaiah 55:1-7,10-13 NKJV
[1] "Ho! Everyone who thirsts, Come to the waters; And you who have no money, Come, buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk Without money and without price. [2] Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And let your soul delight itself in abundance. [3] Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you- The sure mercies of David. [4] Indeed I have given him as a witness to the people, A leader and commander for the people. [5] Surely you shall call a nation you do not know, And nations who do not know you shall run to you, Because of the LORD your God, And the Holy One of Israel; For He has glorified you." [6] Seek the LORD while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near. [7] Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the LORD, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon. [10] "For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, [11] So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. [12] "For you shall go out with joy, And be led out with peace; The mountains and the hills Shall break forth into singing before you, And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. [13] Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress tree, And instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree; And it shall be to the LORD for a name, For an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off."

I needed to post this.

USMC87
02-26-2022, 10:24 AM
Amen, Wait upon the Lord!