PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to RCBS Customer Service

Nefarious Cohort
01-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Just wanted to pass along that I just had a very satisfying call with RCBS Customer Service.
I dont load for rifle very much at all and I have a set of RCBS Reloaders Special 223 dies that sat new in the package forever, long story short I got a case stuck and totally destroyed the whole decapping assembly unsticking the case.
I fully expected to pay for the new parts since I let my anger get the best of me and lost patience during the removal process.

I was honest and up front that I broke it and expected to pay for it.
They just took my mailing address and said the new parts are on the way, No Charge!

I have to admit that this set of dies are the only RCBS dies I own, Well I can see that changing from here on out.

Catshooter
01-20-2009, 07:56 PM
That is their Standard Operating Procedure. Doesn't make it any less nice though!

They taught Dillon what customer service is, and a whole bunch of companies need to learn it.

Cat

jeff423
01-20-2009, 10:47 PM
I agree. I've never been able to pay for a replacement part from either Dillon or RCBS. Even when it was completely my fault.
I bought an RCBS powder measure and then discovered that I had gotten a rifle measure instead of pistol. I called them to see about what cylinder I should have gotten and they just sent me one.

Jeff

hicard
01-20-2009, 11:05 PM
I will add something here also. I had a chargemaster 1500 digital powder dispenser/measure take a dump on me and was asked to send both units in although I found the measure worked independent of the dispenser. I sent both units in and two-three days later I had a brand new unit shipped to me. RCBS is great.

Shiloh
01-21-2009, 12:14 AM
Ive had half a dozen dealings with RCBS over the years. Every one has been the same experience as those posted here. The most recent was the de-capper that I destroyed years age with a stuck .223. The die has 86 stamped on it and I purchased it new. I had a spare set from a garage sale and never dealt with it.

RCBS sent a hole new stem for the .223 and a .303 stem for an oversize expander in the .30-40 Krag neck size die. They wouldn't take a dime. I offered to pay shipping and they wouldn't here of it.

Shiloh

Catshooter
01-21-2009, 12:41 AM
One of the results of their customer service is that all my loading equipment is green. Odd coincidence, isn't it?

Cat

94Doug
01-21-2009, 02:38 AM
I just had a new bullet seater made for my 9mm dies, which is a custom service that they charge 16.95 for. Of course they did this in a short time, and replaced the locking ring on the die with the newer style for a nice touch. I can now load my 9mm pointed boolits. I also sent a broken decapper, and an older mould that was throwing out some distorted boolits, both were replaced N/C. I can't say enough good stuff about RCBS.