PDA

View Full Version : Abraham Lincolnon TV

abunaitoo
02-21-2022, 11:02 PM
Anyone watching it?????
I tried, but it's just to political for me.
Kind of to bad.
I was hoping for something good.
Not really much to watch these days.
Except Yellowstone.

rockrat
02-22-2022, 12:16 AM
I watched it some yesterday, cause thats what the wife had on TV. Don't think she was paying much attention to it, just white noise. I got out the MP3 player and a good book.
Yeah, definitely political

bangerjim
02-22-2022, 02:03 AM
It IS history! Excellent series so far.

Soooo may today don't realize it was the Republicans that freed the slaves and tried to protect them from the evil Democrat southern slave owners.

But all that is lost in the BLM noise.

I would recommend watching it as well as the "I Was There' series airing right after the Lincoln show.

Thank goodness the History Channel has found its roots............HISTORY! Not all that garbage about ice road truckers and fishing boats that cluttered their channel for several years.

Hogtamer
02-22-2022, 07:02 AM
“Grant” was on last week, a thorough and insightful biography as well.

Electrod47
02-22-2022, 01:36 PM
Being a student of Lincoln since a young age and having bound volumes of every worthwhile work done on the man, I'm looking forward to the series. I Have 2 episodes recorded but unwatched yet. Grant, was exceptional study by the History Channel also. "Warts and All" just like real life.

SSGOldfart
02-22-2022, 05:56 PM
Lots of history in the program worth the time to watch. [smilie=s:

.429&H110
02-23-2022, 11:27 AM
Did the History channel mention:
Abe's son Willie Lincoln died at 12, 1862. Abe had his son embalmed and placed in the White House basement, had no time to go to Illinois for a funeral. Abe would sit by Willie...
Abe's wife Mary went into a severe depression, from losing a son.

Char-Gar
02-23-2022, 02:30 PM
Not a fan of Lincoln.