PDA

View Full Version : Ruger 22/45

white eagle
02-21-2022, 12:53 PM
Bought one of these off GB and after I changed the trigger and put on
new grips I am amazed on how accurate this is
I bought it to use on my trap line so I sighted it in for say 10 or so feet
(no sense in any further for the duty it was intended)
just the other day I sat down on my 50 yard bench and tried shots at some steel
well low and behold I hit it ever time so I tried it at 100 and I hit it not every time
but I hit it, could not believe it from a 22 cal rimfire [smilie=s:

Silvercreek Farmer
02-21-2022, 02:05 PM
Very nice pistols. Possibly a bit under rated. People complain about takedown, but if you wipe out the action from the top after each session you can go 1000+ rds between takedowns. Plenty of videos out there in case you forget how…

MostlyLeverGuns
02-21-2022, 02:41 PM
I have the 4th version(?) 22/45 with a Fastfire 3 so takedown not a problem on the newer ones, a real pleasure to shoot, very accurate, have not had any issues with 'before the panic' Federal bulk copper plated HP's, though I have thought about some of the flat trigger options.

white eagle
02-21-2022, 03:03 PM
I to have the fourth version real simple to take apart and clean

memtb
02-21-2022, 04:24 PM
Bought one of these off GB and after I changed the trigger and put on
new grips I am amazed on how accurate this is
I bought it to use on my trap line so I sighted it in for say 10 or so feet
(no sense in any further for the duty it was intended)
just the other day I sat down on my 50 yard bench and tried shots at some steel
well low and behold I hit it ever time so I tried it at 100 and I hit it not every time
but I hit it, could not believe it from a 22 cal rimfire [smilie=s:

I have often said, if I were to be on foot, forced to travel in a survivalist type situation.....I could easily carry my Ruger Mark II, 500+ rounds of 22 LR, relatively quietly feed myself and defend myself out to 100+ yards! One could do far worse for a very portable, “do it all” firearm! memtb

GhostHawk
02-21-2022, 10:40 PM
I have a pair of Mk III 22/45's, both with Red Dot sights on top. Both will put 10 rounds into a pop bottle cap at 20 feet offhand with a bit of practice.

I have not tried to push mine long range. If they can shoot eyeballs at 20' they can put food in the pot and keep me safe.

I would say ultimate prepper setup would be a 22/45 and 1k rounds and a decent 12 ga pump shotgun with a couple hundred rounds including some buck and slugs.

Texas by God
02-21-2022, 11:53 PM
This thread made me look. Yep, there it is. I've been storing one for my nephew.
I think I'll test it out- you know, to make sure that it's safe and all[emoji16]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220222/47927ee2bedd3e2c3c0e7117085212e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Outer Rondacker
02-22-2022, 08:01 AM
When they sent a mark four to test. I told them I was keeping it. Love mine. Dropped a redot on it. Im banging critters out to 50 yrds. Its the plain stripy model. Only wonder how good the slab side would be.

Finster101
02-22-2022, 08:29 AM
I have a 22/45 Lite with a suppressor and a red dot sight on it. Everyone that has shot it just grins ear to ear afterwards.

country gent
02-22-2022, 08:49 AM
I have several if the ruger semi auto pistols from mark 1- mark 2 The one I like the most and best performer is the 22-45 with 8" slab side barrel. Ivr had scopes on it and it will do dime sized groups at 25 yds easily. I normally have a red dot on it and its just a stellar performer.

higgins
02-22-2022, 06:30 PM
I had a 22/45 with possibly the sloppiest factory trigger I've ever had on a handgun; way too much loose slack in the takeup, and the overtravel was excessive. I didn't shoot it much because I couldn't hit anything with it. After I installed an adjustable Volquartsen trigger kit I could hit stuff with it and now I enjoy shooting it.

alamogunr
02-23-2022, 02:19 PM
I had a 22/45 for several years. Gave it to my older son a couple of years ago. He had a "take down" kit installed. The difficulty of field stripping is what soured me on the pistol. If the current version is easier to take down, I may have to look for one.

Just in case, what is an adjustable Kuhnhausen trigger kit? I need all the help I can get.

Gtek
02-23-2022, 02:52 PM
Usually great little pistols in all, and I am pretty sure I can gut one and back together with all internals faster than the hammer strut spring housing dance at the back end of the MKll. The new MKlV Tact I have popped apart and put together so easy I thought something was wrong initially, was a little stiff at first but now is so nice.

white eagle
02-23-2022, 08:18 PM
Mark IV's are a snap to take apart
push a button and pull the bolt out and done
piece of cake
I got my trigger from Volquarten

Gtek
02-24-2022, 12:18 AM
Took the brand new MKlV Tact to range this afternoon with installed Volquartsen guts and red dot. Not one fail to feed or fire, popping CCI 1200 FPS 100 rounds and last round hold worked maybe 2-3 times out of the hundred and started counting rounds. Second run CCI 1070 FPS 100 rounds with can on and still only 2-3 times worked. Pulled bolt after first hundred look for boogers and digs, nothing, same after second hundred. Home late so I will dive into for full clean and inspect tomorrow. Was wet at start, some more break in on clearance and springs, hotter ammo? A lot of chatter on net about this, top grip screw, double thumb stack and riding release, long time old 1911 hands here, we'll see.

Cosmic_Charlie
02-24-2022, 09:57 AM
The .22 auto loading pistol is a must have firearm. I have a S&W victory and after new grips, trigger work and replacing the rubbish fiber optic sights it is a marvel.