PDA

View Full Version : Whitclife .223

Bentstick
02-20-2022, 09:02 PM
Just cleaned and got grease out of a Whitclife .223 my FIL had stashed and just found was 10 empty cases in the original case with the rifle, nice rifle but is heavy ended, i like the rolling/falling block, just wondering should I keep feeding it ammo or just keep it clean and oiled, it been shot so thats out as non fired, I personally like this platform but it be a bench/shelf shot rifle its freaking heavy it is a 76 model serial is 0014 so he paid well for it and must not of liked it, most of his firearms we have been used, some abused some not. ? is what you say for shootin factory to find its personality or make my own with cast to make its personality.

405grain
02-20-2022, 10:43 PM
Probably the best place to ask for information on your rifle might be on the ASSRA forum. The American Single Shot Rifle Association has some very knowledgeable members regarding falling blocks.

Bentstick
02-21-2022, 12:16 AM
Thank you 405grain

marlinman93
02-21-2022, 08:28 PM
They were a very strong action, but as you mentioned too heavy, and most single shot guys consider them kinda homely. I'm not a fan either, and seeing how they've never been appreciated their values aren't very high these days. Sometimes rare doesn't equate to desirable.

Bentstick
02-21-2022, 10:47 PM
Marlinman93, thanks for the response no intensions of selling it or holding it as a collectable of great worth,have read up on them(what I could find) have decide to use it for what it was made for shooting,sure will not be a carry rifle it will be shot on the bench in our backyard range, as far its following it is a strange one but made very well made and smooth as silk for action, will feed it different loads and see what it does and its likes or dislikes once it gets NOT cold up here. Cheers