PDA

View Full Version : Sellin & Swappin RE: WTB/WTT

Jailer
02-18-2022, 11:00 PM
Am I the only person that is annoyed by all the WTB and WTT posts in the S&S section? Look I know this isn't my forum and I don't have any say in how anything on this place is run. But with times being what they are and the proliferation of WTB threads I think the time is long overdue for a a couple subforums in the S&S section for these specific request. I don't have anything I own that I'm willing to part with. I don't want to filter through the garbage in S&S just to try see what's for sale. If I want to sell something I would rather go to a WTB section to see what people want. If I want to buy something I'd like to go to what's for sale. I'm sure the people trying to sell something have to feel the same way. How would you like to post an ad for something for sale only to have the section watered down with WTB threads? And for the record I haven't sold anything here in a long time so I'm not posting because of a lost sale or anything like that.

I know I can't be the only one to feel this way about this. This place is a valuable resource that I feel could be better utilized by adding a couple sub forums for the WTB and WTT ads.

That's just my $.02

M-Tecs
02-18-2022, 11:15 PM
The problem is most people don't look at the WTB section if it's by itself. I have sold a couple of items that I had zero intensions of selling simply because I forgot I had them and I didn't use them. Seeing the WTB reminded me that I had them and I did not need them.

At one time the WTB section was separate and IMHO it was dead air space.

I prefer the current format.

megasupermagnum
02-18-2022, 11:20 PM
I too prefer it the way it is. The only thing I could ask for is a slightly different forum setup in which it allows you to color code. Say a WTS was red, a WTT was blue, and a WTB was green, or something of that nature. The other thing I would like is the "boolit exchange" to be brought out as it's own subsection like Pay it Forward is. I keep forgetting it exists as it is, and it seems most people are the same, as it is dead.

Lakehouse2012
02-19-2022, 01:15 AM
I'm fine with the current process. It takes maybe a few minutes of my day and maybe there is something that I have vs want, to make a connection.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

imashooter2
02-19-2022, 02:53 AM
The board has too many sub forums as it is. What I’d like to see go are some of the 10 year old stickies.

JimB..
02-19-2022, 08:06 AM
I like the current setup. FWIW.

contender1
02-19-2022, 09:14 AM
I like things the way they are myself. Not an issue to scan them & see what's available or what's needed.

Finster101
02-19-2022, 09:27 AM
I'm fine the way it is, change it and you risk it becoming a mess the way the shotgun section is now. I wish that had been left alone.

NSB
02-19-2022, 09:46 AM
I like it just fine the way it is. Most of what I sell is stuff I no longer use or need. Seems like there’s lots of people who can use it and I’d rather sell it for a fraction of what I paid than just throw it away. There’s lots of people buying stuff because they can’t get it in stores or on line. I don’t see any problem with the current set-up.

farmbif
02-19-2022, 09:57 AM
every individual is different just as every ad is different. ive responded to some WTB ads and sometimes it mutually helpful and other times the person that posted the ad never bothers to respond, and some might place a WTB ad looking for some very hard to find items or maybe thinking they can save a boatload of money trying to buy stuff that another shooter no longer uses or values, its a mixed bag, just like the section. just as anyone in good standing can sell off brass they pickup at the public range for some extra pocket change. just my opinion is let the Vbulletin programmers and moderators do what they think is best.
if you dont like it, program your own vbulletin, or PHPBB or whatever web site and set it up the way you see fit.

ioon44
02-19-2022, 10:27 AM
I don't have any problems with the way the forum is run, no one is forcing us to be here.

Jailer
02-19-2022, 10:29 AM
if you dont like it, program your own vbulletin, or PHPBB or whatever web site and set it up the way you see fit.

Thank you for that constructive insight. I'm not talking about another forum (which I already have) I'm talking about this place.

Obviously mine is the minority opinion. Carry on, I'll go back to wallflower status. Mods, you can close this thread.

farmbif
02-19-2022, 10:35 AM
I guess what I'm saying is that we are fortunate to have what we have and me., I'm grateful.
other forums are set up the same way as this one, such as accurateshooter which is another site I have great respect for, although they have a few sections for different kinds of stuff but the WTB and WTS and WTT are all bunched together

Gator 45/70
02-19-2022, 11:10 AM
Better hope this site is never sold out to a big media corporation, We will get adversative to death, Censored like other sites that have been sold off.
You members on other boards know the ones going downhill.

Harter66
02-19-2022, 12:43 PM
I think that's why we now have to head them WTB/WTS/WTT in the Swapping and Selling section . It's so they are all in one place to buy , sell , or trade .

I personally use the new post filter/search button under my name in the upper right corner ......1700 new posts a day can be scary but often it's 10-25 new post in a single thread so not so scary that way .

Really the old stickies ? They made the cut to be there for a reason maybe useless information for the guy that read them 10 years and has cast 7 tons of lead and sent 13,986 pounds down range from his original 286 lbs of WW but pretty helpful for new guys .

MT Gianni
02-19-2022, 01:27 PM
It is rare that I ever see a WTB ad and think "I have, that should I sell?" If I have an item to sell it is again rare that I Look first for a WTB ad. i would also like to see them separated.

MaryB
02-19-2022, 02:09 PM
The board has too many sub forums as it is. What I’d like to see go are some of the 10 year old stickies.

Stickies may be old but many contain data that is still relevant today. I use the cooking forum a lot and have a couple stickies I asked for that come in handy. One is the forum cookbook recipe sticky. When it hits enough recipes I am going to compile it in a PDF format and make it available free to members. LOT of excellent recipes have been posted!

fiberoptik
02-19-2022, 04:01 PM
Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brass410
02-19-2022, 06:09 PM
Cant suit everybody, so suit yourself, you 'll be farther ahead and less stressed. Just happy we have this place to share and learn and not be heckled by the anti gun groups.

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-19-2022, 06:15 PM
OH MY ...ME TOO !
My finger gets all cramped up and exhausted, scrolling through all the threads I don't want to see.
Can the Mods just delete all the posts/threads I don't want to see?

Shawlerbrook
02-19-2022, 06:32 PM
Buy, sell, trade.....what is the problem......a solution in search of a problem. :violin:

imashooter2
02-19-2022, 07:30 PM
Stickies may be old but many contain data that is still relevant today. I use the cooking forum a lot and have a couple stickies I asked for that come in handy. One is the forum cookbook recipe sticky. When it hits enough recipes I am going to compile it in a PDF format and make it available free to members. LOT of excellent recipes have been posted!

Or they may not. But for sure no one will ever throw away the ones that do not. 😂
Like the please don’t forget Alaska and Hawaii thread. That should have been deleted as discussion, not enshrined forever at the top of the page.

That said, I know Moding is a thankless job and volunteer work at that. I appreciate the board and all that work to keep it running.

oldscool
02-20-2022, 12:29 AM
Karen??

SeabeeMan
02-20-2022, 12:45 AM
I'm in the camp of liking the way it is. My only grievance is my own exuberance when I see an ad with something I'm interested in and 0 replies. My heart starts pounding as I envision getting the first "I'll take it" fired off. Only to realize it's a WTB ad just before hitting send. Occasionally I realize too late.

I usually have a stockpile of some sort that I'm just stalling on posting a WTS ad on anyways. The few extra seconds of my life won't be missed, but I enjoy helping somebody out when I can. I've also acquired some things on here very quickly with WTB ads. I'm sure there wouldn't have been nearly the traffic in a sub-forum.

Jailer
02-20-2022, 01:22 AM
Why was my post deleted and not the original posters comment? This is exactly why I don't post here much anymore. You have long time members with high post counts that can post any snarky comments they want and their posts remain but if you call someone out on it your posts gets deleted.

Stop silencing me.

OH MY ...ME TOO !
My finger gets all cramped up and exhausted, scrolling through all the threads I don't want to see.
Can the Mods just delete all the posts/threads I don't want to see?

This post is uncalled for and why it remains and my post responding to it gets deleted is ridiculous. All I was doing is trying to generate some discussion on a subject and a former mod posts a snarky demeaning post and it remains in this thread and it remains.

HATCH
02-20-2022, 03:02 AM
I know I can't be the only one to feel this way about this. This place is a valuable resource that I feel could be better utilized by adding a couple sub forums for the WTB and WTT ads.

It use to be that way but it was more efficient to combine it all in one section.
It was much easier to moderate and maintain. Less sections means less work for the underpaid staff.
It was also determined that members never looked in the WTB section as they would post up WTS listings for stuff that was recently listed in the WTB section.

And concerning your post that was deleted, upon review, the deleted post deserves a infraction as name calling is against the rules.
It got deleted because of that reason.
I am not sure what the status is concerning that post as I haven’t had time to look in the staff section as it’s 2am and I just had to pee.
I am going back to bed.

HATCH
02-20-2022, 03:13 AM
Thank you for that constructive insight. I'm not talking about another forum (which I already have) I'm talking about this place.

Obviously mine is the minority opinion. Carry on, I'll go back to wallflower status. Mods, you can close this thread.
Closed