PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here shoot 8mm Nambu Jap pistol?

koger
02-18-2022, 01:16 PM
I have a buddy that has inherited a couple of these that his dad may have brought back from WW2. We have brass and dies, he is determined to shoot them some. Anybody have actual experience shooting and loading for one? We are wanting to find a good mold, and shoot some moderate cast loads that wont hurt the firearm, he just wants to have ammo and say that he has shot them. Any load data, mold an bullet recomendations is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

garandsrus
02-18-2022, 02:13 PM
There are several threads here on the 8 Nambu. Search is your friend!

Hanzy4200
02-19-2022, 09:30 AM
Hello my friend. I cast for and shoot the Nambu. I have a mid war Type 94, and 2 of the Type 14's. Bullets for the Nambu's are challenging. This is just my experience. RCBS made a fantastic RN mold that was discontinued maybe 10 years ago. I've been searching for one to no avail. My second option was having a mold cut by Accurate molds. The issue with that mold is that Accurate cannot cut a true RN design. It's a round nose flat point. For whatever reason, this causes the rounds to bind in the magazine if more than 4 rounds are loaded. It occurs identically in all 3 of my Nambus. Otherwise the bullet is extremely accurate. I can check, but I believe this molds drops a 95 gr pill. You can PM me for the load I use. I use W231. Be happy you have dies. I paid out the nose for my CH4D dies. In excess of $140. Have at it! They are some really fun oddball pistols.

Hanzy4200
02-19-2022, 09:36 AM
I'll also add, if he ever decides he wants to part with any of them, get in contact with me. Always interested in buying another.