PDA

View Full Version : For Those Counting Carbs or Those That Are Diabetic ---- Give It A Look!

buckwheatpaul
02-17-2022, 07:38 PM
I found this in an email to me and I tried it....it is fantastic and easy to make!

Low Carb Crack Slaw – It’s Mouthwatering

Ingredients you will need: (Cut in half for single batch)
• 2 lbs. Ground beef or turkey (your choice on meat)
• 2 bags Dole (or other brand) Classic Cole Slaw Mix
• 4 Green Onion
• 3 tsp minced garlic (I used real garlic and cut up just a few slices, adjust to taste)
• 3 tbsp Soy Sauce (I used light soy sauce to taste, doesn’t have to be exact)
• 2 tbsp sesame oil
• 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
• 2 tsp ground ginger
• Jar or package of mushrooms (If raw cook with the cole slaw; if in a jar, drain, and add when you add seasoned hamburger)
• *Optional add a single serve packet of Splenda or Stevia. I did not but see that some do.

Instructions:
1. In a pan I put sesame oil, soy sauce, chopped up green onion and chopped up garlic together and stir fried it until tender.

2. Cook the ground hamburger in pan as you normally would but add the sauce into the meat as it cooks.

3. Then add the cabbage (cole slaw mix), crushed red pepper and ground ginger and cooked until mostly tender, it still had a slight crunch to it which I prefer over super soft cabbage. Once that the slaw is cooked I drained the excess fat off of the seasoned hamburger and added it to the pan with the rest of the ingredients and stirred. I did add a touch more soy sauce for flavor but not much. Turned out awesome. Low carb, moderate fat and moderate protein, perfect!
Nutrition info is approx. based on the brands, type of meat and amounts of foods you use. Our approximate nutritional info is below. Please make sure and do measurements for your particular serving sizes.
Servings: We split the batch up into 10 servings. Below is based on 10 servings of large batch above.
I will be making this again soon and measuring the servings by the cup for more accurate nutrition info and will post an update when I do.
• Calories per serving 116.6
• Fat Per Serving 13.2g
• Carbs Per Serving 2.85g (Net Carbs 1.95g)
• Fiber per serving 0.9g
• Protein per serving 8.4g

Daekar
02-17-2022, 09:51 PM
That sounds wonderful!

I love low carb food...

Bad Ass Wallace
02-18-2022, 12:39 AM
Doc has put me on a new medication "Ozempic" , destroys your appetite and will eventually help you to shed up to 10-15% of your body weight.

GregLaROCHE
02-18-2022, 08:31 AM
The keto diet changed my life for the better.

Wayne Smith
02-18-2022, 09:00 AM
"Once that the slaw is was" - you need to edit your instructions.

Rapier
02-18-2022, 09:30 AM
You diabetics watch the new round of the flu. It causes you to loose your appetite, sneaky crap. You keep taking your meds and if you do not watch your meds real close, the mess can really hammer you.

waksupi
02-18-2022, 02:05 PM
I'm not buying that calorie count.

buckwheatpaul
02-18-2022, 02:34 PM
"Once that the slaw is was" - you need to edit your instructions.

Done and thank you for catching it.....it was a copy and paste issue.

MaryB
02-19-2022, 02:05 PM
I'm not buying that calorie count.

Yeah the beef is going to be around that by itself...

BJK
02-19-2022, 05:23 PM
I've been in ketosis for ~2.5 years, lost 55#, and have no intention of ever coming out of it. I'm always on the search for tasty low carb dishes. Thanks!