PDA

View Full Version : Speer plastic loads

HillbillyJim
02-13-2022, 04:08 PM
I have a ton of plastic shells and plastic bullets. Are they worth while to load and shoot?

Thumbcocker
02-13-2022, 05:16 PM
They can be fun out in the barn or the machine shed with a box of rags to catch the bullets for re use. The cases eventually split at the head. Sights will be way off. A good airgun is more accurate but they are fun.

Texas by God
02-13-2022, 07:21 PM
They can be fun out in the barn or the machine shed with a box of rags to catch the bullets for re use. The cases eventually split at the head. Sights will be way off. A good airgun is more accurate but they are fun.That rag backstop is important because they will rebound right backatcha! In my experience, wax bullets are more accurate.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

metricmonkeywrench
02-13-2022, 09:14 PM
I ended up with a bunch of the cases and got some bullets from a member here, however with the cost and availability of primers and my limited supply I just can’t bring myself to load them before “real” ammo.

I think they will be like .22s and after a bit of fun you will look down to find a pile of empty primer boxes:sad:

brassrat
02-13-2022, 09:17 PM
I have 4 handguns in 38 or 357 and when I had 1, a Uberti, I thought the rounds were great and loaded a bunch up. Later on, 1 at a time, I find that the next 3 guns will not fire them at all. The Uberti still worked on a test fire. None of the guns ever misfire or are bubba-ed.

Winger Ed.
02-13-2022, 10:20 PM
I have a ton of plastic shells and plastic bullets. Are they worth while to load and shoot?

Before I got married again, I used to shoot them and CCI CB shorts in the house.
It was a lot of fun.

smkummer
02-15-2022, 09:01 AM
In my prewar colt police positive specials they worked. I still remember training my mom with them. Sometimes you don’t need the magnum primers, but they really send them out fast. Now I can get 30 shots from a CO2 handgun or rifle at .50 per cartridge. That’s the new cheap these days.

stubshaft
02-15-2022, 10:51 PM
I used to shoot the heck out of them with my model 19. I thought they were pretty accurate and a "Hoot to Shoot", with a bonus in that you didn't need to clean the barrel, like you do with wax.