PDA

View Full Version : Kyber Pass Pakistan

deltaenterprizes
01-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Link to video of gun markets :http://www.vbs.tv/full_screen.php?s=DGFE2305DC&sc=3D1363196

home in oz
01-19-2009, 09:55 PM
This was impressive!

I suspect there was a thriving sword, spear, and armor home workshop business in that area before firearms came into use.

MtGun44
01-21-2009, 12:39 AM
Nothing happens for me.

Bill

deltaenterprizes
01-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Try this link: http://www.vbs.tv/full_screen.php?s=DGFE2305DC&sc=1363196

selmerfan
01-21-2009, 04:36 PM
It's an impressive, and frightening, video

tom barthel
01-21-2009, 07:35 PM
We NEED a few of these places in America. There would be a lot less crime. This is what our second amendment is all about. We could laugh at confiscation.

MtGun44
01-22-2009, 02:03 AM
Thanks for the good link. Very interesting. My bet is that the quality
leaves a bit to be desired in the metallurgy and fit and finish.

Bill

missionary5155
01-22-2009, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the good link. Very interesting. My bet is that the quality
leaves a bit to be desired in the metallurgy and fit and finish.

Bill

Good morning Quality and durability do not really play into the mentality. BBC is running a series on a Straight Leg Unit in Afganistan. The Unit trained and are now running patrols with their well equiped counterparts. Good soilders, Brave. But the individual Afgan has a completeley different mentality. One Example. A 2 Stripe Afgan in the middle of a real firefight with Taliban took his AK-74, walked upright out into the middle of the street and one handed raised his weapon and fired the remaining magazine downrange towards the taliban. 2 Stripe then yelled something in his local tongue and walked back to his position laughing. The BBC reporting moved to 2 Stripes side and asked " What did you do that for ? Where you not concered about getting shot ? Did you think you would actually hit someone with your fire ? "
2 Stripes gets a big smile going and says, "I am not afraid of the Taliban.. Allah shall protect me. Allah shall guide my bullets. When Allah desires me to die, I will die. When Allah wants the Taliban to die my bullet will find his heart."
All the time this little debreifing on camara is going on a British Regular is forcefully reminding the counterparts they do not have enough ammo to be constantly showing how Brave they are.
This year many more of our Brave Troops will fall being fired upon with inferior and poorly made firearms. Whether it is a stray haphazardly fired projectile or a well aimed shot from 20 feet those homebuilt weapons seem to work well enough.
I am thankful I have access to well made acurate firearms... but it does not take alot to come up with a singleshot launching platform for a starter.
God Bless you all... Mike

Jim
01-22-2009, 07:40 AM
http://www.scienceblog.com/store/2-14631-0975900900-Improvised_Munitions_Handbook.html

MtGun44
01-23-2009, 01:37 AM
I hope the Taliban fighters use this exact same method in firefights!

This "When Allah wills it" stuff can be taken a bit too far, to say the least.

Bill