PDA

View Full Version : Primers what Primers

jh45gun
01-19-2009, 07:53 PM
I put on layaway until the first of the month the last 1000 large pistol primers they had on the shelf at the local gun shop. No Unique or Herco on the shelf. I put 3 pounds of 2400 away too. Now that does not mean he is not going to get more in he is supposed to get some in Wed but who knows? :???: His primer stock is about empty only a few bricks of shotshell primers left and individual boxes of the rest like large rifle ect. He said you cannot get 9MM or 380 no one has it.

FN in MT
01-19-2009, 08:01 PM
I stood in line with Mike Venturino at the Bozeman Show back in December and we both bought a mess of primers. We had barely walked away and a guy bought OVER 100K !! We have a new DEMOCRATIC President as well as total Demo control of the Govt. What do You expect?? They are hardly pro gun or pro sportsman...this is what happens. Panic buying as people try to stock up before the taxes, bans or limitiations begin.

FN in MT

Catshooter
01-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Man, a 100K at todays prices? Ugly.

I feel sorry for people who either are just getting into our hobby/life style or were already here be are unable to plan ahead. Pity.

Cat

monadnock#5
01-19-2009, 10:33 PM
The market is in such a frenzy that I believe that when patrons go to the store, and find that what they wanted is out of stock, they buy whatever is on the shelf. They go to buy primers, and come home powder. They go to buy ammo, and go home with a firearm. It's days of wine & roses for the dealers.

I sure hope this story has a happy ending like Y2K. I hope, I hope, I hope...

jh45gun
01-20-2009, 01:59 AM
YEa it could be like the Y2 Scare but think about it Obama is anti gun. So is Biden then you have all the demoncrat anti gunners like Shumer, Kennedy, Boxer, Pelosi, and Reid that are just the notorious ones. Now add the new Senators from Ill and NY I am sure they will be anti gun. If that Crazy SOB Franken steals the election in MN add him to the list. you can bet on it that there will be anti gun bills and anti ammo bills coming up in this new administration.