PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Brush has gone to his Island out west....

zampilot
01-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Among men he was The Man. I knew him for 18 years and will remember him the rest of my life, I learned more from "Brush" or "Chuck" than I could have from anyone else in this business of "hearding cats". Among the stories (not 'tales') he told me is how he joined the Navy. He was a "sundowner" in Navy basic (probably couldnt do that nowadays). One of the first SEALS, a Viet Nam Riverboat man for I think 5 years, many tours of the Rung Sat Zone. 3 Bronze Stars, 1 (or 2?) Silver Stars, and 5 Purple Hearts...
My Dad had spent a couple of years in Can Tho, upriver(?) from Brush's base and it was great to hear from someone who had been closeby.....fast forward 20 years: countless scuffles with our 'clients', many training hours, a High Master in martial arts..I can't say enough. Ours hats are off to you Brush! You can't be replaced!
http://www.legacy.com/StarTribune/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=122980578

twotrees
01-19-2009, 11:45 PM
Please forward my sympathies to his family.

We have lost most of our WW2 vets and a lot of our Korean Vets.

As we the Nam guys get to this time, we too will be gone. I work with Grad students at Ga Tech, that don't know about that "War" except by the text books they read. All of the folks that were there need to say a special prayer as We too now "Pass in Review".

Now the Taps that are played are mostly on a cassette tape, the country doesn't even have the time nor the manpower to provide a proper send off.

I'll play him taps and drink a warm Bud for him, he would understand.

He was a true American hero.

R.C.Brown (TwoTrees) USAF 65-73

trooperdan
01-28-2009, 02:48 AM
Please forward my sympathies to his family.

I'll play him taps and drink a warm Bud for him, he would understand.

He was a true American hero.

R.C.Brown (TwoTrees) USAF 65-73

Two Trees, if we could still find it, a Carling's Black Label from a rusty steel can would be correct!

TD, US Army '63-'84