PDA

View Full Version : WAAGE 20# pot. Update.

FN in MT
01-19-2009, 07:29 PM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h274/montanaguy375/waage.jpg

Three months ago or so I bought a WAAGE model K-4757-1, 20 pound melting pot. I'd read good reviews on a few sites and the $125 cost seemed reasonable. Shipping was an additional $18. And...MADE in the USA. New Jersey to be exact.

mailto:marcia@waage.com Your link to order or request info.

I've always used a ladle. Tough to teach an old dog new tricks as they say.......hence the ladle pot. Ordered a 3# bottom pour ladle at the same time.

I ordered from WAAGE and in two weeks or so the pot arrived. It is listed to hold 20# of alloy but I think it's really closer to 22 pounds with a little bit of "freeboard" from the top.

The thermostat............ I've found that "7" will give me 700 degrees, "6" gives me 625 or so, etc. The thermostat seems to be repeatable or maybe accurate is a better description.

Overall I'm quite happy with my choice. Initial melt time seems reasonable. As I cast and the level drops an inch oor so, I drop in a few 1# ingots , in a minute or so they are melted , I can flux and away I go again.

FN in MT

montana_charlie
01-19-2009, 10:03 PM
I see that you were numbering your ingots but when you got to #14, you got stuck.
Good thing you don't feel a need to number your bullets.

I see you appreciate high quality handles...
CM

FN in MT
01-19-2009, 10:53 PM
"14" is the BNH of those ingots. I found that dropping an equal amount of 14's and 8's into the pot gave me a nice even 11.5 or 12.

OR....I've figured out bullet cataloging/serializing with CAST BULLETS! I have "programmed" those ingots to cast slugs from ANY mould with serialized boolits! My proprietary program now allows "smart" lead boolits.

Yes those KAL handles ARE sweet aren't they??

FN in MT

clodhopper
01-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Is that a road sign under your pot? Looks kinda like a one way sign. The one under my pot says BUMP

FN in MT
01-19-2009, 11:26 PM
No one noticed the can of beans from Great Britain yet?? I'm surprised!

I think my sign says "No Parking This Side".

FN in MT

montana_charlie
01-20-2009, 12:49 AM
No one noticed the can of beans from Great Britain yet??
I saw them but didn't want to get into a discussion of English flatulence...
CM

clodhopper
01-20-2009, 01:29 AM
I wasn't going to say anything about "Therasa's" beans.
And this bumpkin has never been east of Bismark, how would I know they were from the land of the BBC?

Lutzy48
08-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Jusy saw your post. I wasn't sure I wanted to get into casting so I bought a small Lyman remanufactured pot. I'm hooked and now need something bigger. I do like to use a ladle so this seems like the ideal setup for the money. I just requested a quote. Hopefully they haven't gone up too much yet. Will let you all know.

cajun shooter
08-28-2009, 03:36 PM
The Wagge is by far the best deal on a laddle pot. My thermostat is a little different than the settings you are getting but once set I don't move it. Next to my RCBS Pro-Melt you don't need anything else. I think his price is $140 since the posting by FN in Jan. of 09 Later David

DGV
08-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Are thee the pots that are offered by Bill Ferguson? They look similar

powderburnerr
08-28-2009, 04:40 PM
they are but bills price is a lot higher, there is no break to dealers on the 20#ers