PDA

View Full Version : rock and roll (not music)

Lloyd Smale
02-11-2022, 05:03 AM
got the smith 15-22 braced pistol set up finally with the franklin armory binary trigger. This thing spits lead. Much faster then my old 556 with the now illegal bump fire stock. Id guess because the 22lr bolt throw is much shorter. Almost seems faster then a full auto 556. I shot 300 rounds of thunder bolt cheap ammo through it yesterday and it didnt miss a beat. Put a sig romeo 5 on it and the last mag i put a piece of printer paper out at 20 yards and dumped a mag and hit it 19 out of 25 times. Id sure hate to stand in front of that thing. Bump fired 556 was about a waste of ammo because there so hard to control but this thing would be deadly. I bought two of the triggers and i think ill put the other in my 10.5 inch 556 to try it. I know many here will balk at wasting 22s like that but it did exactly what i wanted. It made me smile. Cant imagine having more fun for 25 bucks.

rancher1913
02-11-2022, 10:00 AM
they work good in a regular ar too, but you may have to do some tuning, like changing your buffer weight or spring.

Lloyd Smale
02-12-2022, 05:04 AM
ones going in my 10.5 in 556 this morning. I was going to put it in my 4.5 9mm pistol but someone who forgot more about blow back ars then i know said with the slower bolt of a blow back 9 the franklin armory trigger will out run the bolt and case jams. He said he prefered the FA unit for gas impingement guns but liked the fostech better on blow back guns because they wont out run the bolt. So ill put it in the 556 and save my change for a fostech for that 9mm. but ill tell you this. If you think its a silly waste of money you are missing out on some fun. That to me is what guns are all about

M-Tecs
02-12-2022, 05:45 AM
. but ill tell you this. If you think its a silly waste of money you are missing out on some fun. That to me is what guns are all about

There is only one thing more fun than full auto and that's full auto when Uncle Sam is providing the ammo. These are as close as you can get to that without NFA stamp and the insane cost of a FA.

Most of my shooting is centered around long-range precision and I was one of those that FA was a waste of ammo. That changed greatly the first time I took the team M-60 out to get is sighted for the Wilson Matches.

Cosmic_Charlie
02-12-2022, 06:40 AM
I've got premium barrels in my ARs and would not subject them to the heat associated with those high rates of fire. That does sound like fun though. I have a few hundred rounds of 5.56 tracer ammo that would be perfect for that.

Lloyd Smale
02-12-2022, 04:36 PM
I've got premium barrels in my ARs and would not subject them to the heat associated with those high rates of fire. That does sound like fun though. I have a few hundred rounds of 5.56 tracer ammo that would be perfect for that.

an ar barrel cost about what two bricks of 22 shells cost today. Ive got precision ars and hunting ars and i also have blasting ars. Put the other one in my 10.5 inch psa gun this morning. It passed the function test and ripped off 5 rounds but i didnt want to shake up my neighbors to much so ill wait to go to camp to really shoot it and see if it needs tuning. They give you two different buffer springs with it but reading up on it it seems for most the stock carbine springs works fine. Thought about putting it in my newer 7 inch 556 but havent shot that one enough to know that it will run like the 10.5 and the 10.5 is kind of cool anyway. Looks like what the special forces use with the fixed post front and it even has a folding stock on it. Ill probably get a fostech for the 4.5 inch 9mm and another FA for the 7 inch 556 if it runs well. If military surplus was still cheap and available id consider one in the ak too.

Winger Ed.
02-12-2022, 05:55 PM
Sounds cool.
It reminds me that I've always wanted to build a Gatling gun in .22LR but haven't quite gotten around to it.

Lloyd Smale
02-13-2022, 04:59 AM
no intention of using it for self defense but think about it. I can put 19 40 grain 22s on target and probably 25 on a man at 20 yards in about 4 seconds. How long would it take you with a pump shotgun using #4 buck to do the same. thats about 900 grains of lead. Id hate to stand in front of it. Im up to 14 mags out of it and it hasnt missed a beat yet. Only compliant i have and its nit picking is that i wish the safey lever wasnt ambi because the back side of top of my hand rubs against it and i wish the selector lever was steel instead of plastic. Other then that i can dream of 10 dollar bricks of 22s coming back but we know that ship has sailed.