PDA

View Full Version : Traditions introduces a breech loading inline muzzleloader

Sixgun Symphony
02-10-2022, 04:51 AM
https://youtu.be/slTqkSrVGH4

:groner:

The modern inlines were always really about complying with the letter of game laws while defying them. It is only a matter of time before manufacturers come out with a muzzleloading repeating rifle.

Thundermaker
02-10-2022, 07:35 PM
This is getting ridiculous. The only reason this exists is so that rifle hunters can get in the woods early and hunt the WMAs.

waksupi
02-10-2022, 08:33 PM
That's not a damned muzzle loader.

DougGuy
02-10-2022, 08:56 PM
That's not a damned muzzle loader.

Now I guess that depends on how you explain it to the judge or the game warden! :bigsmyl2:

All of the hunting regulations I have ever read did not specify which of the necessary components MUST be loaded from the muzzle, they just left it to a general description, loaded from the muzzle. In this scenario, the projectile IS loaded from the muzzle, and would definitely skirt most states' hunting regulations so I guess the lawmakers that come up with the language of the hunting regulations now have a new loophole to fix.

megasupermagnum
02-10-2022, 11:47 PM
This came out I think 3 years ago, I'm sure I made a post about it. It's a flop product. It failed to ever gain traction, nobody but traditions has ever chambered a rifle for it. It is not legal in very many states. Now with the ammo shortages, people are very aware of buying anything with a propriety cartridge such as this. Plus it requires an FFL to buy, which I'm sure makes people stop and think twice. Plus they aren't cheap. Very few people are going to pay that much for a Spanish junk rifle using proprietary cartridges, and is only legal to use in only 14 states.

It's legal here in South Dakota, and you know, I have yet to meet a person who would consider them. Muzzleloading season is popular here as a limited tag, but allows you to hunt pretty much the entire state. 9/10 people I've talked to use a side lock. Two of the guys I work with muzzleloader hunt. One uses a TC Hawken he built as a kit decades ago, the other uses a CVA side lock. I use a TC Renegade. I haven't looked hard, but I don't think I've ever seen a firestick for sale here, so I have no idea where you would even buy the cartridges.

GregLaROCHE
02-11-2022, 12:56 AM
People never stop trying to beat the system. The big problem is that it gives them an advantage over traditional muzzleloader hunters. Especially, when it comes to follow up shots. Muzzle loaders should have everything loaded by the muzzle and use all lead or lead alloy projectiles. I like the term traditional muzzleloaders.

indian joe
02-11-2022, 06:55 AM
People never stop trying to beat the system. The big problem is that it gives them an advantage over traditional muzzleloader hunters. Especially, when it comes to follow up shots. Muzzle loaders should have everything loaded by the muzzle and use all lead or lead alloy projectiles. I like the term traditional muzzleloaders.

they only think they have an advantage - one of our blokes that hunts a lot with a front loader uses wooden charge tubes on a traditional sidelock - one swift stroke of the ramrod - cock it, cap it, and done. I will back him to get a second away at least as fast as this contraption can.

bedbugbilly
02-11-2022, 10:27 AM
Oh wow! What major advancement in "muzzleloading"! Not!

So you have to push a slug down the barrel from the muzzle . . . then insert what amounts to, and looks like, a shotgun shell casing and then push a shotgun primer into it. Last I knew, I could do the same thing with a single barrel break action shotgun using a once fired shotgun shell trimmed to the correct length.

A "mareting gimmick" for those who want to partake in a muzzleloading season but don't want to actually use a muzzleloader . . what a challenge . . . . and as pointed out . . . how many states will "accept" these for their muzzleloading/primitive hunting seasons? Just another gimmick toy for the millennials . . . . .

elk hunter
02-11-2022, 10:34 AM
I believe that is what a friend of mine calls a suppository rifle.

Screwbolts
02-11-2022, 10:38 AM
I really like the quality of the weld that holds the action block to the barrel, that looks like a nice quality TIG weld. good welding right there.

country gent
02-11-2022, 10:48 AM
I dont really see this being both or allowed as a muzzleloader. While it can be loaded from the muzzle their reinventing the brass case makes it a breech loader, putting it in with modern firearms.

Electrod47
02-11-2022, 11:54 AM
So much for "Tradition"

KCSO
02-11-2022, 12:30 PM
Real TRADITIONS right!

GregLaROCHE
02-11-2022, 04:59 PM
I believe that is what a friend of mine calls a suppository rifle.

That’s a good name for them.

rbuck351
02-19-2022, 02:59 AM
I surprised someone hasn't tried to use a Browning harmonica rifle in a primitive hunting season.

dave951
02-19-2022, 09:49 AM
The fun part is how wildlife departments from different states use different rules as to what is legal and what isn't. Since I'm in NC, our laws state- any arm that does not use "fixed" ammunition. That means no cartridge guns. Since I would love to hunt with my 1863 Sharps, I brought up that very point with the NC game wardens. They've ruled that it's ok since the cap and cartridge are separate parts of the ammunition. Next season, the Sharps goes hunting.

Beerd
02-19-2022, 01:22 PM
The fun part is how wildlife departments from different states use different rules as to what is legal and what isn't. Since I'm in NC, our laws state- any arm that does not use "fixed" ammunition. That means no cartridge guns. Since I would love to hunt with my 1863 Sharps, I brought up that very point with the NC game wardens. They've ruled that it's ok since the cap and cartridge are separate parts of the ammunition. Next season, the Sharps goes hunting.

hope you got that in writing.

Sgt H
03-01-2022, 12:23 PM
IMHO these modern muzzle loaders go against the original intent of the muzzle loader/primitive weapon seasons in most of the states that have special seasons. When these seasons were initially adopted none of these modern muzzle loaders existed. With these modern muzzle loaders there is really no handicap compared to a scoped CF rifle, including effective range, other than a quick repeat shot. Some even use smokeless powder. I can't remember the last time I fired more than one shot at a deer. The last elk I shot took 3 rounds before it went down, though the first would have done it. The guide wanted be to keep shooting as elk never run to places it is easier to get them out of. I look at them as gaming the system. Similar to most competitive disciplines, given the same ability the one with the deepest pockets can buy his/her way to the winners circle.